Saturn emulation questions

Emu Talk Goes Here
marurun

Saturn emulation questions

Post by marurun »

Yes, the man who owns 3 Saturns wants to know about the state of Saturn emulation. Are there any emulators that can emulate with any speed and quality on a modest (if not at all cutting edge) system? I can't hook the bastards up to my computer monitor and the TV is often taken, so I'm trying to find new ways to play.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

the latest version of ssf does a decent job of emulating..but system requirements are rather high and not all saturn games work well on it..but given the fact that saturn emulation isnt easy i´d say it´s a good emulator.

For the emulator

http://evilboris.sonic-cult.net/SSF/ind ... x=download

and you might need some bioses

http://planetemu.net/index.php?section=roms&dat=229
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

As a fellow man with three saturns, what games do you want to emulate? Personally I use Casinni (the fools girigiri) just because it works. It does not have the compatibility of Yabasue or SSF, but it works when I need it to - not to mention the built in iso+wav to bin+cue tool.

Casinni runs pretty competently on my 2ghz p4, 768 ddr, pci fx5200, off an IDE harddrive - modest enough specs for you, I can try running it on another, lesser machine, if need be and I can get it to work.

Actually anyone savvy with yabasue's linux build I am wondering how well that works on a 900mhz machine? Hey if I can have the EEE run Saturn and PSX rpgs, well I will consider it well worth the money.
marurun

Post by marurun »

You have an EEE? I've been looking at those... They have a certain appeal. It's like sexy computing for cheapskates.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I have wanted one since I first heard about them. I was planning on buying one but then the price jumped. Now I havent had the money, but I get it this Friday - helps when your not sick and your company pays you your sickdays. But I have hit a wall. We need to power a cotton candy machine for Momocon, needs a 220v plug that can supply 30 amps. Ive searched the building we hold the con in and the surrounding area and cant find one for the life of me. The cheapest generator I would trust is $600. So yeah I want an eee pretty badly, but the con comes before my new toy, sadly.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

What's an EEE?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

racketboy wrote:What's an EEE?

:? I second that... :?
Adderall
32-bit

Post by Adderall »

It's made by Asus.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3058

But to get back on topic, any games in particular marurun?
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Adderall wrote:It's made by Asus.

I knew of the Eee PC, but when you just have EEE, I wasn't sure what you're referring too.

I was actually planning on starting a EeePC thread as I've been eyeing one, but waiting for the 10" model for next year.