Retro-controllers adapter for XBOX (also for Wii,PC and PS3)

Emu Talk Goes Here
bootsector

Retro-controllers adapter for XBOX (also for Wii,PC and PS3)

Post by bootsector »

Hi guys!

I've seen a lot of posts of people looking for some way to hook up their old videogame controlles such as NES, SNES, N64, GC, Sega Genesis, Atari, etc on the XBOX, so I would like to let you know about my USB RetroPad Adapter project:

http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/41

It's compatible with PC, Mac, PS3 and now there's also a special firmware for it that makes it compatible with the old classic XBOX console as well. Currently, it supports the following joysticks:

:. Sega Genesis (Mega Drive), Sega Master System and Atari 2600 controllers
:. NES controller
:. SNES controller
:. Nintendo 64 controller
:. PS/PS2 controller
:. Game Cube controller
:. Neo Geo CD controller (NEW!)
:. Sega Saturn Digital controller (NEW!)

For people who have adopted the Wii as the official retrogaming platform (me included :) :), there's also a version of the adapter to be plugged to the Wiimote, just like a classic controller:

http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/40

Project is open-source, open-hardware. Comments, suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks,

bootsector
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Re: Retro-controllers adapter for XBOX (also for Wii,PC and

Post by DinnerX »

Hey! You're that guy who made the ardumpino! This looks like another neat project.

EDIT: Welcome to the forum by the way.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
bootsector

Post by bootsector »

Thanks, DinnerX! That's me! :P

ArDUMPino was my first little project with microcontrollers. I've improved it a little with a Teensy++. Will update my site later!

Thanks,

bootsector
dogman91
128-bit

Post by dogman91 »

Does anyone have one of these? I got a PS2 controller to Xbox adapter to use for MAME on original Xbox and it turns out it doesn't register light button presses (not good for tapping the button fast)... makes it completely worthless IMO. Does anyone know if Retropad has any quirks like this?

The idea of using a Saturn controller on Xbox sounds amazing as well.