Genesis Plus GX Sega CD Support.

Emu Talk Goes Here
meat
64-bit

Re: Genesis Plus GX Sega CD Support.

Post by meat »

I finally got this downloaded and i have a strange issue.I get sound effects mostly but no music at all.Mortal kombat is the game.Could this be a BIOS issues or a ROM issues??Maybe i need to delete and redownload??I had genesis plus for awhile before sega cd support.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

So nobody can help??
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
bdlou
32-bit

Post by bdlou »

Are you using a retail disc, or a download? If it's a download is the format bin/cue, ISO? Are there wav files?
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

bdlou wrote:Are you using a retail disc, or a download? If it's a download is the format bin/cue, ISO? Are there wav files?

Download with a ISO and mp3.Change mp3 to wav.I do have a retail disk of eternal champions i wouldn't mind playing.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

With version 1.7.4 they have OGG support, but for some reason, once the track is done playing, it just stays silent. And whenever I basically do anything to get the track to play again (resetting and going into the CD player, save states), it'll just be a low drone or something like that.

Basically the track won't loop. Is this an issue with using OGG? Please say that's not the case because I've got TONS of Sega CD games and if I had to switch to WAV, they'd eat up tons of space. I mean, some games would end up a minute fraction the size (one game went from around 250-300 MB to only around a tenth of that!) and using OGG (at 64kbps) really saves space.

I don't have this issue with TurboGrafx 16 CD games in WiiMednafen.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

OGG files have loop point support. Depending on the implementation in the emulator that might be the issue. I've had to use Audacity to set looping for ringtones before.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I've used something called Any Audio Converter, since even the free version features batch conversion (a major deal-maker).

Also, if it helps, I've converted them to 64kbps.

I do the same thing with Sega CD games as I do with Turbografx/PC Engine CD games, which is convert bin/cue to iso/wav (TurboRipper works with Sega CD games, though it's made for TGCD games) and the convert the WAVs to OGGs (while that's going I edit the cuesheet by replacing .wav with .ogg and WAVE with OGG).

But it's gotta be an emulator issue since running TG/PCE CD games on WiiMednafen doesn't give me this issue.
LentFilms
32-bit

Post by LentFilms »

~Bump~
For all those wanting to follow the progress of Genesis Plus GX, see ekeeke's new GitHub page here.
https://github.com/ekeeke/Genesis-Plus-GX
If you want a compiled .dol of the latest source build (for Wii), go to the "builds" folder on GitHub. The version that's included there is light years better then the last stable release.