Emu Talk Goes Here
racketboy
Site Admin

ngemu.com Gone?

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

What the hell?! Please tell me the forums lay untouched. There is a wealth of information there.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Mozgus wrote:What the hell?! Please tell me the forums lay untouched. There is a wealth of information there.

Even if the forums are gone, you may be able to salvage a lot of it from wayback machine and similar stuff.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Oh, it's back. More info: http://forums.ngemu.com/site-feedback-q ... -page.html

Hey guys.. first post in 20 months!

The forums are indeed clearly marked that if you login, ads go away. On the front site, I did attempt to remove the popups at one time, but that attempt seems to have failed. If the front site and forums were properly linked together I could even restrict ads there to guests (with a message saying they will be removed upon registering).

As for the current ordeal, I was able to get back the domain from the individual who happened to gain access of it. The ordeal is hopefully over now.

As for the upkeeping of the site, it is clearly being looked after since the last 20+ months. A major server upgrade was even done a few months back, and the forums have been moved to a completely seperate server also, again since over a year now. So, all these enhancements have indeed been occuring from time to time. Nothing has been going downhill, or will in the near future. If you want some visual assurance, have a look here:

Traffic Details for: ngemu.com/

Eearly 2006 is the time since I've been involved.

Those who have been in contact with me over MSN during these last couple of days can confirm that I've been working non stop to recover the domains.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Cool -- thanks for the update :)