Emu Talk Goes Here
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
16-bit

Re: What's the fastest way to play Rondo of Blood?

by Ghouls 'n Ghosts Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

D.D.D. wrote:I haven't used my original/real Rondo o'blood CD in years but, I coulda sworn that's how it is on a real CD/TurboDuo.

Ah, ok.

Well thankfully that problem is gone now that I play it through the iso/cue method.
Drakon
64-bit

by Drakon Sat May 12, 2012 11:15 am

I downloaded some stand alone version of the game for PC years ago. Literally it's a compiled emulator that only runs a dump of rondo of blood you just run it and the whole game plays on your pc. I can't remember where I got it from though but I'm sure it's still out there. No setting up was required I just unzipped and ran it and I was rondoing.
http://16bitgamer.forumotion.ca/

Older games are better
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
16-bit

by Ghouls 'n Ghosts Sat May 12, 2012 11:19 am

Drakon wrote:I downloaded some stand alone version of the game for PC years ago. Literally it's a compiled emulator that only runs a dump of rondo of blood you just run it and the whole game plays on your pc. I can't remember where I got it from though but I'm sure it's still out there. No setting up was required I just unzipped and ran it and I was rondoing.

That would've saved me from a bunch of headaches and swearing. :(
LentFilms
32-bit

by LentFilms Sun May 13, 2012 8:08 pm

That would've saved me from a bunch of headaches and swearing. :(

Why is it that so many people have trouble with TG-CD emulation?
It's just as hassle free as any other CD base emulator, at least if your using Ootake or Magic Engine. Though I've heard that Magic Engine is somewhat washed up now.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 am

^ I have version 1.1.3 of Magic Engine, I don't know if there's a newer version. But the version I have doesn't detect my virtual drive, so I can't play an image I mounted. It doesn't load game images either, so I have to first burn an image to a physical disc if I want to play it in Magic Engine. Not so hassle free in my opinion.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon May 14, 2012 7:36 am

Last time I used Magic Engine it detected virtual drives no problem...
LentFilms
32-bit

by LentFilms Mon May 14, 2012 9:29 am

AppleQueso wrote:Last time I used Magic Engine it detected virtual drives no problem...
Same with me. Though I've only played around with the free demo.

In this day and age Magic Engine is essentially pointless to use since there are much more accurate TG-CD emulators out there now (like Mednafen and Ootake, which are free!).
The only reason people still recommend it now is because it was the only viable option many moons ago. Things are different now.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

by D.D.D. Mon May 14, 2012 9:32 am

Ziggy587 wrote:^ I have version 1.1.3 of Magic Engine, I don't know if there's a newer version. But the version I have doesn't detect my virtual drive, so I can't play an image I mounted. It doesn't load game images either, so I have to first burn an image to a physical disc if I want to play it in Magic Engine. Not so hassle free in my opinion.

Using Daemon tools lite, I've mounted virtual drives and were detected by ME 1.1.3. AFAIK, 1.1.3 is the last version of ME. The ME guys seem to have been focusing on the PC Engine FX emulator but meh.

I've been using Mednafen more these days myself. Ootake seemed nice but I never really gave it a shot.

I've played Rondo since it came out and while I've never fully understood what's being said, I found it a bit more exotic or mysterious that I couldn't. Besides, it's Castlevania, what do you really need to understand about the story? :P
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
16-bit

by Ghouls 'n Ghosts Mon May 14, 2012 12:32 pm

LentFilms wrote:Why is it that so many people have trouble with TG-CD emulation?
It's just as hassle free as any other CD base emulator, at least if your using Ootake or Magic Engine. Though I've heard that Magic Engine is somewhat washed up now.

I said I had trouble getting the music to play after burning many cd's back then. The game would run on Magic Engine, but the music would not play. That's where the frustration came from. Not from being able to run the emulator.

Today it's a hell of a lot easier because now I just mount the cue file on daemon lite tools, then I boot the cd with Magic Engine. I don't have to burn any cd's anymore.
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
16-bit

by Ghouls 'n Ghosts Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 pm

D.D.D. wrote:Besides, it's Castlevania, what do you really need to understand about the story? :P

Yeah, same here too. For me it's just: You're a Belmont and it's your job to go into Dracula's castle and kick his ass. That's it. The last time I cared about the story in the series was in Castlevania III.

The music is another story, though. It's one of the main reasons why I love the series. That is why I would get mad every time that I burned a cd and the music would not play when I booted the cd on Magic Engine.
Last edited by Ghouls 'n Ghosts on Mon May 14, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Return to Emulation