Accuracy in Emulation list

Emu Talk Goes Here
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Re: Accuracy in Emulation list

Post by D.D.D. »

markeconrad wrote:I just noticed that last month byuu released a build that emulates the ST018 coprocessor which was the last coprocessor that remained unemulated. Now every single SNES game runs without hacks on a near perfect emulator.

http://www.byuu.org

That might be so but, just trying to load up a game and have it play, even for a simple staple like FF6, I had to tweak the sound settings so it wouldn't either tear the screen or have snap,crackle,pop in the audio... I really love the focus of the emulator but, until it gets to the point that it's like ZSNES or SNES9x (just load n go), I can't see myself using it. :cry:
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
16-bit

Post by Ghouls 'n Ghosts »

I have my audio frequency set to 31974 and the games play perfect on my pc. Try to move the slider somewhere around there. But everyone's pc is different so you might have to move it around to find just the right setting for yours.

Also, if you're a fan of Mega Man X 2 or 3 you might want to stick with using version 078 or below because low level cx4 emulation was added on v079 and made the games run very slow on certain sections of the games.
fuctfuct
Next-Gen

Post by fuctfuct »

D.D.D. wrote:That might be so but, just trying to load up a game and have it play, even for a simple staple like FF6, I had to tweak the sound settings so it wouldn't either tear the screen or have snap,crackle,pop in the audio... I really love the focus of the emulator but, until it gets to the point that it's like ZSNES or SNES9x (just load n go), I can't see myself using it. :cry:

What he said
markeconrad
24-bit

Post by markeconrad »

Last edited by markeconrad on Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
timewarpgamer
64-bit

Post by timewarpgamer »

Nice topic. I noticed you haven't looked at the TurboGrafx aka PC-Engine yet. In my experience Magic Engine is quite accurate. I can't delve into the technical aspects of it, but it seems to faithfully replicate the gameplay of my TurboDuo.
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
LentFilms
32-bit

Post by LentFilms »

timewarpgamer wrote: In my experience Magic Engine is quite accurate.

believe it or not at a technical level Magic Engine is the least accurate emulator out there for the TurboGrafx CD.

If your looking for accuracy then Mednafen is the root to go.
timewarpgamer
64-bit

Post by timewarpgamer »

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely give it a try.
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

I dont like versions after 070 of BNES, you cant get full screen or even scale the image, the Accuracy is there but id rather use ver 067 of BNES or SNES9X, which has many more options, i feel BSNES may have gone up in Accuracy but it has like no options.

Also BSNES only plays .sfc files now, it was explained why on the BSNES website but i dont feel like renaming all the extensions to .sfc, so im sticking with ver 067, because it has all the accuracy and the options, not sure why they went downhill (imo), after that.

So people know what im talking about, here are some pics, 067 would clearly be a better choice if you didnt know what versions they were, note you cant change the size on the 088 version, unless someone can say otherwise but ive scanned through all the options.

Anyway to get rid of the black borders on 088 and make it expand?
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
16-bit

Post by Ghouls 'n Ghosts »

I don't think you can on window mode, but it will scale the image in full screen mode.

Press F11 to toggle full screen.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Ghouls 'n Ghosts wrote:I don't think you can on window mode, but it will scale the image in full screen mode.

Press F11 to toggle full screen.

Yeah that works, but i like to play it in Window mode and having the game extend to the edge of the window, which it doesnt do.