iPad Emulation Discussion

Emu Talk Goes Here
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: iPad Emulation Discussion

Post by fastbilly1 »

8bit wrote:I have not tested them all just yet, but I have got multiplayer on my SNES iPad emulator running just fine with two wiimotes/classic controllers. The emulator I am using is Sne9x EX. 8)

Really now? That is the first I have heard of that. I am very interested in if you can get NES games to work multiplayer then. Thanks 8bit

I still wish I could get the PS3 controller to work on it, my ps3 broke and I dont use the controller for anything.
Red
24-bit

Post by Red »

Where do you plug in the Classic Controller to the iPad?

Does the Classic Controller work for all iPhone/iPad games or just for Emulation?
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

fastbilly1 wrote:
I still wish I could get the PS3 controller to work on it, my ps3 broke and I dont use the controller for anything.

You'll still need some sort of special cable to connect the sixaxis to the ipad. Do they make a male apple connector to male mini usb cable? ps3 controllers must be paired over usb before being able to work wirelessly.

Red wrote:Where do you plug in the Classic Controller to the iPad?

Does the Classic Controller work for all iPhone/iPad games or just for Emulation?

the classic controller plugs into the wiimote which then connects to the ipad via bluetooth
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

deathsled wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:

You'll still need some sort of special cable to connect the sixaxis to the ipad. Do they make a male apple connector to male mini usb cable? ps3 controllers must be paired over usb before being able to work wirelessly.

Well that shows what I know. Thanks Deathsled, I thought they could just sync them, I did not know they had to be connected first. That explains everything actually. Looks like Datel Wireless Classic Controllers could be the best idea for portable gaming on the tablets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgIDC2N5JT0

But then again, this is just cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4o1e4v4OU
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

is there any downside of jailbreaking your ipad? is it fairly easy to do on an iPad 2?
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

dsheinem wrote:is there any downside of jailbreaking your ipad? is it fairly easy to do on an iPad 2?

The downside is if you take a jailbroken iPad in for repairs it will void your warranty, but it's easy enough to restore the official firmware onto it. It's incredibly easy (at least in OS X), I'm not sure how to do it on the Windows side but I'm sure it's just as easy.

In fact, depending on your current iOS firmware, you can just go to www.jailbreakme.com on your iPad and it will do it for you.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Red
24-bit

Post by Red »

Very cool. But can you actually play IOS games with the wireless classic controller?
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Red wrote:Very cool. But can you actually play IOS games with the wireless classic controller?

No, but some are compatible with bluetooth keyboards.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.