Emu Talk Goes Here
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Gamecube emulation A-Go-Go!

by Mozgus Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:28 am

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:04 pm

Finally an updated emulator. I may not have a 64 bit processor, but this will be helpful in the building of future MAME cabinets.
kinn
64-bit

by kinn Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:05 pm

Excellent. Any news on when a 32bit version will be released?
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
opethfan
32-bit

by opethfan Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Finally an updated emulator. I may not have a 64 bit processor, but this will be helpful in the building of future MAME cabinets.

Hate to break it to ya, but a cabinet is for arcade games. Gamecube is a console. Combining the two is the biggest gaming faux pas you can make.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:58 am

Then why is it that so many have Dreamcast in them? People do it for Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Gauntlet Legends, among others. It is actually a quite common process for people who do not have pcs that are powerful enough for the higher spectrum of mame.

Actually, since the dreamcast has jamma converters, what would make you think that?
mason
32-bit

by mason Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:54 pm

wwooaoahoaoa
opethfan
32-bit

by opethfan Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:33 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Then why is it that so many have Dreamcast in them? People do it for Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and Gauntlet Legends, among others. It is actually a quite common process for people who do not have pcs that are powerful enough for the higher spectrum of mame.

Actually, since the dreamcast has jamma converters, what would make you think that?

Well the DC is known for it's arcade ports, and it outputs RGB, of which the GC has neither. To run Dolphin x64 you need a 64 bit CPU, which'll most likely be powerful enough to play most MAME'd games.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:15 am

Yes yes, but there are many arcade, or arcade styled, gamecube games that I doubt we will see on other systems (or have inferior ports). And if you dont like that idea you will hate the Pacman VS arcade cabinet I am working on, it has two gamecubes in it.

And since I know a list will be asked for, off the top of my head:
Cubivore
Monkey ball 1&2 - the PS2 and Xbox versions were a joke
Pacman Vs/Zelda 4 swords/FF Crystal Chronicle - yes they are extended circumstances surrounding them but I have almost everything needed for a console version, emulated it might be even easier. If one console in a cabinet is a faux pas, what does five mean?
Fzero GX
Dream TV World Fighters
Fifa 2002 - still the best football/futball game out
Godzilla Destroy all Monsters - well the PS2 version is not too bad, but like Dream TV the cube version is 4 player.
Kirbys Air Ride
Mario (name of sport) - though Mario Golf using Goldentee controls...Ill have to think that one out.
Ultimate Muscle - again a vastly inferior PS2 version (missing characters and only two player).

There was a time when I could direct you to several examples of peoples cabinets based around consoles (be it ps2, xbox, gamecube, dreamcast, TG16, Snes, or even Gameboy), but I have not been to BYOAC in some time. However I find it important to bring up that the most popular frontends for cabinets have the option for adding in console emulators. And while I like my machines to be one type of game, I know that the vast majority of people throw on as much as they can.

Well all that, and have you tried to play newer games in mame? I mean even Dynamite Deka is laggy, and they are not planning on moving too far forward now that CPSIII has been cracked, next up is Naomi and even with help of a dreamcast emulator, that will take years.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:56 am

I see nothing wrong with having a console in a cabinet.
I'd still want a console at a sit-down spot as well though....
Return to Emulation