Anyone else think that emulators on the PSP suck

Emu Talk Goes Here
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone else think that emulators on the PSP suck

Post by nightrnr »

Damm64 wrote:Looks like i have another reason to get a DS... just for shantae and the sequel.

You'll want a "DSi" for the sequel.

There's still some slowdown on the DS emulating Shantae (on my original DS anyways), so I wouldn't get too exited. It is playable, but will definitely annoy most people IMO.

I wonder if a GBA flash cart would run it perfectly? I can't see why it wouldn't.
...just another lost soul...
Damm64
Next-Gen

Post by Damm64 »

nightrnr wrote:
Damm64 wrote:Looks like i have another reason to get a DS... just for shantae and the sequel.

You'll want a "DSi" for the sequel.

There's still some slowdown on the DS emulating Shantae (on my original DS anyways), so I wouldn't get too exited. It is playable, but will definitely annoy most people IMO.

I wonder if a GBA flash cart would run it perfectly? I can't see why it wouldn't.

Why nintendo? WHY?!
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Hazerd wrote:
Damm64 wrote:Ok i need to know, does someone find a emulator that runs Shantae on psp?
Every single one i try has the same problem, the sprites are a mess.
Really looks like everyone just change the name of the emulator and called their own...

And i have a snes emulator that is allmost flawless, has a little bit of slow down on yoshi's island. And some glithy moments on secret of evermore but nothing serious.

This is kinda funny, because the LameBoy emulator for my R4 card on my DS runs Shantae lol.

Also Super Mario RPG runs slow on the PSP and that is like one of the few games i cant emulate on my DS, so i would agree with the TC and say the PSP does suck for emulating.

Let us hope the Vita gets some hacks soon, im sure that thing will run Super Mario RPG at full speed, if not then lol.

I was literally only hoping to emulate these two games on my PSP, and googling the issues led me here. Wow...this blows. I just bought the Shantae sequel on Steam and I was hoping to experience the original while on break at work.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

MrPopo wrote:The DS can handle Game Gear and all Game Boy stuff perfectly. SNES on the PSP has just enough lag to annoy me.

what game gear emulator on the DS do you use? the ones I tried the sound emulation was atrocious
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

ninjainspandex wrote:
MrPopo wrote:The DS can handle Game Gear and all Game Boy stuff perfectly. SNES on the PSP has just enough lag to annoy me.

what game gear emulator on the DS do you use? the ones I tried the sound emulation was atrocious

I have no idea anymore. I last emulated on my DS something like 6 years ago. And now I've got a flash cart so I can play Shining Force Final Conflict on real hardware.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

I want to let everyone know that RetroArch for PSP can emulate Shantae just fine so far. I believe the last stable release is 1.0.0.3.