Do you run emulators on PCs or Consoles?

Emu Talk Goes Here

Which one?

I run most my emulators on my computer
72%
I run most of my emulators on consoles
28%

Total votes: 32

Mega-Dan
24-bit

Console

Post by Mega-Dan »

I used to run it mostly on my psp, but I sold the darned thing because I never really used it much...the controls on the thing were awful...the d pad was no good for fighting games and the analog stick was very loose. However it was great for actually running emulated games, but dont think your going to do ken's tiger punch. It was Excellent for NES, and turbo grafx, and Super nintendo (full speed on most games!), good at sega master system, and ran sega genesis at a pretty decent speed (not full speed, but pretty good).

The xbox is great for emulation, especially with one of those street fighter pads you can get for $15 bucks now, they look just like a sega saturn pad! Runs most mame, SNES, genesis, NES, SMS, etc games full speed, even plays Turbo grafx cd games....though thats a little buggy in my experience. However playing turbografx cd games is buggy on the pc as well.

Now I just use my nintendo gameboy micro or DS, I can play NES, sega master system, and game gear. With a M3 adapter you can use a 1 gig flash card and you can fit disgusting amounts of roms on there....oh the gaming heaven. I play as much emulator as I do new games, I have like over fifty games on my one M3 adapter, tons of Shootem ups too! Be warned though about flash cards, most are advertised as Mb not MB, so like the G6 card or EZ-flash will say they are 512Mb or 256 Mb. 512Mb is 64megs of ram and 256 Mb is 32 megs of ram, I was deceived by this! What is great about super card and M3 adapter is that you know your getting MB not Mb, and Mb is a joke.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

So you're pretty happy with the DS for emulation?

I'm thinking about picking one up after the new design is released.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences and where is the best places to get the gear and keep up on the scene
little witch boy
24-bit

Emulation? on AN XBox? whOA where The HEll havE I bIN?.....

Post by little witch boy »

oh yeah GALLUP.

Cool RacketBoy, very cool. Thats crazy. That like boggles the brain fumes.

WOW, that sure would save me the hasstle of trying to win a Scan Rate converter off ebay.
Hey, does it play GBA? I really wanted to see Aria of Sorrow on my tube without buying that 50 dollor rip off GBA player for the gamecube.

Moding an xbox. Im almost scared to ask how. .... but how?
Is there a cool easy how to do it your self web site? Id love to see all my old favoretes blasting out the big screen and out some ... especially games I will have no way of ever playing on my tv (arcade - battletoads and AVP and loads more). If you have any info id really appreciate it.
Thanks man.

Oh yeah I run my stuff off me old imac 9.2. Its bin good to me. And just recently I have bin playing the turbo duo EMU of a pc, since its the only one that has the cd feature and i really needed to play Dracula X. Shambler Bless the Emulator. I thought Id die never to play Willow or Robcop or Splatterhouse again.
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

I actualyl don't emulate much, but when I do I use my iMac. When I get my room back (long story), I'll be using my old PC for emulation.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

what generation of iMac do you have?
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

It's a G5, PowerPC'd one. I got it fairly recently.
solidunit
8-bit

Post by solidunit »

I run emu's on my PC, PSP, Xbox, and GBA/DS. I can't vote cause I think I spend time on all methods equally.

IMO, the emu's on the DS kinda suck. They're just extensions and/or ports of existing GBA emu's
sotu
16-bit

Post by sotu »

I too run all my emulators on my xbox. It's really satisfying to play dos games or anything you feel like on the big screen tv instead of a little computer monitor. Not to dogg the PC guy's, it's just my preference since I have an old 17 inch viewsonic monitor and a 55 inch tv, the choice was easy.

For you guys who are looking for a modded xbox and don't want to go through the trouble of teaching yourself how to mod one then just hop on craigslist and do a search in your area, If you live near a metropolitain area then I gurantee there will be plenty listed. Now is a good time to buy because people are dumping them for cheap so they can get a wii or xbox 360 or other next gen console. Usually people leave their phone number to call, you can chat em up maybe talk em down a few bucks and meet them that afternoon to pick it up.

that's what I do when I want one. I've got 2 atm and getting a 3rd. there is no better media player on the planet. And mc360's & XBMC's dev team is better than Micro$ofts. Their media player kicks the horse piss outta MS's crapola player.

I CAN READ COMIC BOOKS ON MY XBOX! I mean is there anything this black box can't read?... well of course there is but you get the point.
Image Eat dat melon biotch!
Systems Owned: Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, N64, PS2, Genesis
Systems Emulated: Xmugen, PSX, GameBoy Color, GBA, Genesis, NEO GEO, Turbo Graphics16, MameOX Arcade, N64, Killer Instinct, Super Nintendo, NES, Gamegear, Intellivision, Colecovision, Atari, DOS
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

I agree with sosu. The xbox is teh best emulation system ever. I understand that the pc has better support, but the xbox is the best mix of support and ease-of-use. Using it also as a media center just rocks.