Anybody Use Sega Saturn Emulators?

Emu Talk Goes Here
racketboy
Site Admin

Anybody Use Sega Saturn Emulators?

Post by racketboy »

Anybody?

I'm going to start researching and testing them soon since I think there has been a lot of progress in them since I played with them last.

Any information, tips, recommendations that anybody would have, I would appreciate.

I thought it would also be cool if a few of us could colaborate on a Saturn Emulation guide.

Let me know what you guys think
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

Nothing new really has happened with them. There is that one that is a system rescource whore but runs all games pretty much fine. Can't remember the name of it sorry to say. I don't use these much, but could see my self useing it in the distant future if I were to move into a smaller place or get a bigger computer monitor.
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

How are you gonna get "roms"...I don't see a lot of seeders of Saturn discs. Maybe you've got some inside connect you'd like to share. As long as my trusty SS spins, I'll be good tho.

When my TG-16 CD finally failed, I was sure glad there was Magic Engine.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

Majors wrote:How are you gonna get "roms"...I don't see a lot of seeders of Saturn discs. Maybe you've got some inside connect you'd like to share. As long as my trusty SS spins, I'll be good tho.

When my TG-16 CD finally failed, I was sure glad there was Magic Engine.

Racket has a ton of game ISO's and so do I an allot of the people on these fourms. I havent been camping any forums lately for saturn ISO's (because I think I have pretty much every saturn game that has been ripped at this point ) but i'm sure there are channels to get them if you look arround a little.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Yeah, Saturn ROMs (aka ISOs) are not a problem for me.
I probably have one of the largest Saturn collections there is.
I have about 75GBs of just Saturn games :)
Majors
128-bit

I'd be there with you

Post by Majors »

Back in the hay-day, I was getting 15-25 HK silvers a month and just spreading the wealth until some punk broke in my pad and swipe them ALL(yeah, I had them in a CD book)...at least I had Sega Rally in the system so I still had that to get me through. Funny thing, the thug swiped my busted PS2 with the SS discs...yeah, real genius there. I just can't think of when he got home and tried to play the SS games on the PS2...and then tossed out all of 250+ games...argh!!!

Easy come easy go...they weren't all boots though...at least 25 originals , import and US. I still have the empty cases...

I got the best back, but some of the off-the-wall titles like Yakyuken Sp. just could not be found again.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

racketboy wrote:Yeah, Saturn ROMs (aka ISOs) are not a problem for me.
I probably have one of the largest Saturn collections there is.
I have about 75GBs of just Saturn games :)

wow! :shock: we definitely have to trade some games when i'm back in the states... maybe among my 50 or so japanese discs there'll be something you'd be interested in trading for!

as for saturn emulation, i have a mac so this is not really a worthwhile option for me. while i could emulate windows through virtual pc and then emulate sega saturn, it just seems like it wouldn't be fast enough. if i'm not mistaken, i think cassini (or something like that) was supposed to be the best emu...? actually i can emulate sega cd at full speed through my "emulator running an emulator" :D
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Hey GrittyKitty,

I'm also a mac guy. I doubt you'd get the speed you want on Virtual PC. If you're in Japan, you should just pick up an old Saturn, and do the swap trick.

I'm also just starting a Saturn collection, and I'm looking into Sega CD to play on my XBOX emu, and I'm finding most on DC++ on PC at work. I found out there's a decent DC++ client on OSX, but I haven't used it yet.

Racketboy, where did you find most of your games?
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

rattboi wrote:If you're in Japan, you should just pick up an old Saturn, and do the swap trick.

thanks, i've got a modded white saturn and a regular black one back at home. i have an unmodded one here as well, and enough original games to keep me busy (for the rest of my saturn's life)
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I've used Cassini and it played all the games i tried on it apart from bug! for some reason would only get as far as the 2nd logo screen (after the sega splash). I use it to test iso's before i burn them to disk.