Anybody Use Sega Saturn Emulators?

Emu Talk Goes Here
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

rattboi wrote:Racketboy, where did you find most of your games?

It's been various places over the years.

Obviously, I started by just buying original games that I was interested in.
Then, I used to download a few here and there from SegaXtreme's old FTPs
Then, I used to trade individual CDs through the mail via connections at CDROM-Guide and BST-Secure
Then I rounded out my collection on DirectConnect and Saturn Torrents
Then I traded ISO DVDs with a few people here and there.

It's just been a gradual accumulation process :)
little witch boy
24-bit

Post by little witch boy »

Cassini is supposed to be some hard core illegal bootleg, i read. The note said it was an origanl emulater released by sega , but some one else had other plans for it. The note attached to the download button said grab it while you can. I swiped mine at

Zophar.net

and had to search the stinking perverted back allyes of the internet just to find sega ios-b-ay. :wink:

It was horrible, it was like something out of 8mm.
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

As far as I knew, GiriGiri was the one that was obtained by Sega, used commercially, and then hacked. Is Cassini based off of GiriGiri?
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

Yeah, they package GiriGiri with the saturn USB pads in Japan. I have nver had allot of luck with it though.
little witch boy
24-bit

Post by little witch boy »

racketboy wrote:As far as I knew, GiriGiri was the one that was obtained by Sega, used commercially, and then hacked. Is Cassini based off of GiriGiri?

Im not sure. maybe i read it wrong. I get confused sometimes - when i dont take my meds.
I tried it out and could not get a thing out of it. Astal, shinobi, cotton and all there pals will all have to wait for a while.
iT feEls Like tHERe’s a cAt sCrATcHiNg aT mY bRAin.
linlhutz

Post by linlhutz »

Currently SSF is the best.

I made a Compatibility list for the USA releases. I'm working on the PAL exclusives before attempting the Japanese games.

http://www.segasaturn.org/index.htm

You must have a 3Ghz (or 3000+) processor with SSE2 (required) to get decent frame rates.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

welcome and thanks for the contribution!

I noticed you used CDs for testing.
Does it not boot ISO files on the hard drive?
linlhutz

Post by linlhutz »

I havent tested it yet but others say you can run a mounted ISO. I remember someone also claimed doing that fixes some the Audio sync/studdering problems I had with a few games.

I need to test that out once i get a chance.

Here is a good Forum for more info on Saturn Emulators:

[url]http://forums.ngemu.com/saturn-emulation/?pp=30&daysprune=365[/url]

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
Mr. Scarecrow
8-bit

Post by Mr. Scarecrow »

I find it odd, frustrating and hilarious all simultaneously that I've had an easier time successfully emulating Dreamcast titles then I have Saturn ones. The explanation as to why completely escapes my grasp of logic.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Mr. Scarecrow wrote:I find it odd, frustrating and hilarious all simultaneously that I've had an easier time successfully emulating Dreamcast titles then I have Saturn ones. The explanation as to why completely escapes my grasp of logic.

Well, the saturn's multiple processors completely escaped the developers' grasp of logic as well. It's a complicated system. But with a high end system, SSF is becoming better and better lately. Guardian Heroes is PERFECT on my system. I just wish he'd add in some more scaling options. I just want a little filtering.