M-Xbox

Emu Talk Goes Here
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

americankgb wrote:
Cerulean wrote:Actually Im getting ready to soft mod my xbox.

Im going with the Splinter Cell Save.

Any thing I should know?

Sorry I've never done this one before. I went with the hard mod myself with the executer-3 ce so that I could switch between bios and have the ability to run linux. I love my modded xbox with xbmc because then I can stream all of my files to it from my bedroom and watch them on my hdtv in the living room. Decreased load times for the games that I've copied to the harddrive is a plus as well.

I got the version 1 from launch and I went with the direct flash method.
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

metaleggman wrote:
Dwell, ya, plus some of the later ones need hella wires.

I think the executer 3 has about 8 wires + 1 for the lan led and one for the hdd status so 10 in all. Soldering that was easy, especially compared to some of the new ps2's with their small scruched up solder points.
Vhaeos
8-bit

Post by Vhaeos »

I've got one, soft-modded. I was surpised how easy it was. I used the guide located here, http://www.how2xbox.com. That guide uses the save exploit & action replay method.
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

Vhaeos wrote:I've got one, soft-modded. I was surpised how easy it was. I used the guide located here, http://www.how2xbox.com. That guide uses the save exploit & action replay method.

Yeah a friend of mine has doen a few that way. When I modded mine the first time that wasn't really a viable option. I also wanted the extra benefits tha the chip provided so that's why I went the route I did. I might mod my friends and the near future and may end up using the softmod on that. Thanks for the linkz.
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

I got a modded XBOX, in theory :S what are the goodies? any arcade emus? :D
Lan-Di
24-bit

Post by Lan-Di »

Pullmyfinger wrote:I got a modded XBOX, in theory :S what are the goodies? any arcade emus? :D

The whole LOT of it! :D
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

I just use xbmc, and rip my games to the xbox for faster loading. There's some other good stuff out there but I just don't have the time.
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

Pullmyfinger wrote:I got a modded XBOX, in theory :S what are the goodies? any arcade emus? :D

for arcade. 2 that comes to mind. if all u want to do is play cps1/2 or neogeo games. try fbaxxx or fbaxxx pro. if for every other reasonable arcade game. try mameox or the other mame variations for xbox.

ps: i dont call it a m-xbox. i call it a xbuick :)
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

for arcade. 2 that comes to mind. if all u want to do is play cps1/2 or neogeo games. try fbaxxx or fbaxxx pro. if for every other reasonable arcade game. try mameox or the other mame variations for xbox.

That sounds good, I'd go for that :)[/quote]