Emu Talk Goes Here
fuctfuct
128-bit

Re: RetroArch - Thoughts About Potential Guide/Article

by fuctfuct Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:59 pm

racketboy wrote:Nice!
I've never actually used DS emulation before -- how does the touch-elements work on something like this?
Does RetroArch add anything special for the DS vs a traditional PC emulator?

I've never actually used a stand alone DS emulator, so i've no idea what RA adds lol. Other than shaders and achievements :)

I'm using a DualShock 4 and its touch pad works okay for.. touching. I wouldn't want to play a fully touch game with it though. Other than that you can assign an analog stick or use a mouse.

In NSMB when Mario goes underground the DS sometimes switches to the bottom screen. When you click R3 on the dualshock/360/Xbone pad it changes the large screen :P
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:01 pm

fuctfuct wrote:
racketboy wrote:Nice!
I've never actually used DS emulation before -- how does the touch-elements work on something like this?
Does RetroArch add anything special for the DS vs a traditional PC emulator?

I've never actually used a stand alone DS emulator, so i've no idea what RA adds lol. Other than shaders and achievements :)

I'm using a DualShock 4 and its touch pad works okay for.. touching. I wouldn't want to play a fully touch game with it though. Other than that you can assign an analog stick or use a mouse.

In NSMB when Mario goes underground the DS sometimes switches to the bottom screen. When you click R3 on the dualshock/360/Xbone pad it changes the large screen :P

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing!
I always wondered how emulation would eventually handle the DS ;)
fuctfuct
128-bit

by fuctfuct Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:20 pm

The DS4 also works in Cemu (WiiU) for the gyro and touch stuff. I was just testing the bow aiming in BOTW. Works well. But i dont think there will be worthwhile Cemu core for some time. Their Dolphin core still needs a ton of work. Been waiting forever for it to "git gud." I really want to play Cube games at native res with CRT shaders. Right now when i play Cube i upscale it to 1080p/4k and it just looks way too modern. Native res with no shaders looks rough.
Return to Emulation