What Emulators Are You Using - 2018?

Emu Talk Goes Here
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: What Emulators Are You Using - 2018?

Post by sevin0seven »

Tanooki wrote:Is Citra finally to a level that really has some good support? I haven't checked on it in a year. I know it had been low compatibility and pretty slow even on i7 type hardware. Also I don't recall if it needed a BIOS download or if it just ran around that internally.

Still far from the level unfortunately, but the progress is still active. So far the game I'm enjoying that is fully emulated is Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden. Runs really well, close to 99%. Others I've tried have graphics and sounds glitches, but playable to an extent.

MGBA I had never heard of before, that I'd like to try as that old vgba thing that died years ago had an -X fork that was good but that went dead too. Marat with this emulator is pretty solid, but he's more general I think with things not that that is a bad thing but it took the guy like 15 years to actually bother re-writing sound core for his older Nintendo emulators which sounded awful and now are great.

VBA used to be my go to for GBA emulator but since I discovered mGBA, it is far much better. Though it is well noted; mGBA is solely for GBA emulation only. While VBA also supports GB and GBC.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I wouldn't be so certain of that. After I posted that I did download MGBA and I was curious and tried to fire up a GBC game, it booted. I then checked the menu, it has a spot for adding your own legit BIOS, has 3 spots for it GB, GBC and GBA listed.

Whatever this guy was up to, he did it well and was a completionist as far as any kind of potentially useful feature it seems as there's a lot going on here.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Tanooki wrote:I wouldn't be so certain of that. After I posted that I did download MGBA and I was curious and tried to fire up a GBC game, it booted. I then checked the menu, it has a spot for adding your own legit BIOS, has 3 spots for it GB, GBC and GBA listed.

Whatever this guy was up to, he did it well and was a completionist as far as any kind of potentially useful feature it seems as there's a lot going on here.

Your right! it does support it (went under my radar) :lol: but the compatibility is not great for gb, gbc as posted on the author website. Hopefully it will improve overtime.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

oxbox emulation is coming along well. Cxbx Reloaded now runs some games close to fullspeed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUUqRTD3U-A