What PS2 game badly needed a PC port?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Indy_aka_Rex wrote:Well you said yourself: it's running off PS2 SDKs, so is it impossible? No. Just not by retail units.

Is it fake? No. The game can look that crisp and clean. Hell the game does look THAT good, there's no real difference when it comes to the geometry, the A.I.,e tc. the difference is in the resolution and the detail in the textures being upped as a result of that.

The game is still the same, you just can't see every nook and cranny in the textures.

Every game released on a modern console has its screenshots alterred or taken at a higher-resolution than possible to elevate the quality in the details. I'd consider the photoshop ones, faked. The high-res ones? Well the detail is still there, you're just not playing at the resolution the screenshots were taken.

Why are you trying to educate me in this? Do you think I'm retarded? You just typed up all of that, when the only thing you should have said was "I do not agree with the term 'fake'."

Screenshots are a means to advertise a game's content. A screenshot is supposed to be a single frame taken from the game while running on the hardware it is being advertised for. When the screen is taken from the development kit, rather than the platform itself, it is fake and misleading, no matter how minimally. I don't care if companies do this left and right. It's deceptive. Resolution IS an important factor in visual quality. Do not try to tell me otherwise.

Now just drop it. This is very annoying.
durkada
64-bit

Post by durkada »

Thats it. Shadow of the Colossus is the only major game I can think of. Ico, would also be nice on the PC, but Shadow could be so much better if only it could maintain a decent frame-rate. I hope that Shadow gets an update for their next-gen console -- the game did not reach its potential due to technological confinements.

The fact is, I don't really play games on my PC anymore! I only play Worms Armageddon. Now, if the PS2 had a decent version of Bomberman, I'd say -- port that biatch to PC. But the PS2 does not, so its all moot. Atomic Bomberman was released prematurely, and it shows -- but the developers clearly knew where they wanted to take the game to make it an awesome title, and this is what makes its half-assed relase so painful for a Bomberman Whore such as myself.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

Uh, that SHadow of the Colossus screen looks nearly identical to what it looks like in-game. Don't see what you're getting at.
A real life superhero.
He's got the Holy Ghost.
He's either praising Jesus,
or he's making toast.
Ain't got no superpowers,
ain't got no giant brain,
but he would try and help you,
if he heard you call his name.