Is Xbone backwards compatibility as good as i hear?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Is Xbone backwards compatibility as good as i hear?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I've never wanted to buy an Xbox One. But recently i have been hearing really good things about it's OGXbox and 360 backwards compatibility. The original Betamax VCR models are pretty cheap these days. Worth picking one up even if i cant think of a single Xbone exclusive i want to play?
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Is Xbone backwards compatibility as good as i hear?

Post by noiseredux »

Yes.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

oXbox support is amazing, the games look and play great. However the title selection is quite limited, so make sure you check out the compatibility list before getting your hopes up.

For the most part 360 games play as good or better (they have Vsync now which gets rid of the tearing that was present in so many 360 games, but it does remove some smoothness in some games), the compatibly is much larger than the oXbox, but still quite small. (Example Skate 3 is there, but 1 and 2 are not).
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Cool.. I'll snag the next cheap one i see :P
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

Yes so far I've only had problems with 1 game not booting at all otherwise great experience.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

Backwards compatibility and the GamePass are about the best things Microsoft has done with the Xbox One.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

It's not actually backwards compatible at all - it's entirely emulation - but putting aside semantics and my pet peeves, yes, the quality of said emulation is excellent.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

8bit
Next-Gen

Post by 8bit »

SuperDerpBro wrote:Cool.. I'll snag the next cheap one i see :P

Backwards compatibility has been rock solid for me! Highly recommend it if you like the games currently supported!

However, I'd recommend skipping the big VCR model and springing for the Xbox One S. You can find the S model at game stores and pawn shops easily (at least in my area) in great condition for ~$175. That's probably not too far off the $125-$150 you can find the the VCR model for. Speaking from experience, the original model has issues with its disc drive failing to read discs after a while. It becomes a real pain so you're probably better off avoiding this potential problem and getting the more reliable system to play disc based classics.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

From the Xbone thread..
SuperDerpBro wrote:Bought my first Xbone on the black Friday deal.. What a shit show. The deal on the MS store was too good to pass up. Bought a 1TB Mincraft edition.. waited two days.. super loud grindy fan. Returned it. Got another. Grindy as fuck fan with an annoying high pitched noise to boot. Returned it. Got another. Grindy as fuck fan with an even louder high pitched noise. Waiting on my fourth. Been almost a month and i still haven't been able to co-op the Master Chief Collection with my brother (Main reason i bought it). Shame to use such a cheap ass non user replaceable fan inside one of the sexiest consoles i've ever held. If the fourth one is grindy i'm just gonna void the warranty and put my own dang fan in it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SuperDerpBro wrote:My launch PS4 is a little loud (not overly) but its that constant kind of loud you get from a quality fan.. that you can forget about while playing.

This is what my 2nd Xbone S sounded like (forgot i made a vid for MS returns to hear).. It was about 3x as loud in real life. And only gets louder when you are in game.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9hKZqSeHCoc96dSJ6

Hard to enjoy a game with constant robot crickets filling the room! lol

The Xbox One X has a totally different fan design. Its like a massive 112mm version of a reference cooler for a video card. And its in the middle of the console not right at the top.

I tried backwards compatibility on a few games in the short time i had a console between returns and its pretty decent. Crysis 2 had a lot of audio bugs.. All the other games (small amount) i tried seemed to run great. STILL waiting for my last exhchange :'(