Just got a PSP 2000 what games should I play?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Just got a PSP 2000 what games should I play?

Post by Stark »

Jeanne D'Arc! Great turn-based strategy game.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Oh, dang, how could I forget about Brandish: Dark Revenant?! Seriously, that game is phenomenal. Digital-only, but well worth the price of admission.

A couple of other random ones:

If you enjoy the Kingdom Hearts series, Birth By Sleep is actually a good one. I find the titles very hit and miss since the second game, but this one definitely registers as a hit. I believe it's also available in the remastered games on console, as well, so it may be better there, dunno.

I would note that the only official English release of Persona 2: Innocent Sin resides here. If you have played Eternal Punishment, you know what to expect, and should jump on this one.

I found Star Ocean: First Departure to be an excellent remake of the SFC game. If you played and liked Second Story, this should also appeal. Second Story is also on there as Second Evolution; it makes very minimal changes to the original game, unlike First Departure.
Nert
8-bit

Post by Nert »

I'll second Dracula X Chronicles, great value there with the original rondo of blood and SOTN thrown in.

I'll add lumines, a puzzle game kinda like Tetris or Puyo.

Also don't neglect the imports, the system is region free. The Parodius Collection, though a bit pricey is a good time.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Sigh I wish I still had a PSP at times, Vita was such a flaming let down. Thinking back it's like my 2nd favorite (or 3rd) Sony system made.

Loco Roco and Castlevania being nodded to are obvious choices. I can just remember off some more for you to look into.

Patapon 2 (got a limited physical release, came out as a lame d/l voucher first.) Original isn't as nice but solid still.
Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core
Gurumin
Ys franchise (any)
Popolocrois (RPG)
Macross Ace (JP release)
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (1 is ok, but not great)
Ridge Racer
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
Lumines
GTA Liberty City Stories (and Vice City Stories too)
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
Mega Man Powered Up
Gradius Collection
Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins
Ace Combat
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded and Remixed (2 games)
Gitaroo Man Lives (ps2 port)
Star Trek Tactical Assault
Metal Slug Anthology
Final Fantasy (1 and 2)
Parappa the Rapper
Tales of Destiny(EU release)
SNK Arcade Classics vol1
Phantasy Star
Star Ocean
Hammerin Hero
Samurai Shodown Anthology
Dissidia Final Fantasy
God of War (2 games)

That's pretty much from memory of stuff kind of why it's all out of order.
Spawnernumberone

Post by Spawnernumberone »

Sarge wrote:Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core was a lot of fun. I'd definitely recommend it.

Oh, right, Ys Seven, Ys: Oath in Felghana, and Ys: Ark of Napishtim are all on there. You could make the argument that the first two are best played on PC, and the latter on PS2, but they're great, great games, especially Ys Seven.

I agree with you, Final Fantasy is good and you will enjoy it 100%; When I first played Final Fantasy on PSP platform, I was not quite satisfied but over the times understood that it was better than other games; My vouch for final fantasy VII