Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Post by Reprise »

dsheinem wrote:did you get it back?

Indeed, I did. Fortunately, they didn't lock me out of my account by changing my password and they didn't use the card registered to the account at all. They just removed my PS4 as the 'primary' console and enjoyed downloading and playing my library of games until I realised, changed my password and phoned Sony who did some investigating and returned my console to being the 'primary' one.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Reprise wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Go digital, padawans!

and more secure (can't be stolen or broken).

My PSN was hacked once... And no, I couldn't explain it. My password wasn't 'p@ssword', it wasn't something easy to guess, I don't have the same password for all my accounts.

2 step
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I'll just be honest. I have been "digital download" collecting for years. WAY before it was a legit thing. Like, since SNES ROMS on news servers. Physical is "better". But wear, loss, and destruction sucks. Having a 100% complete set of games for every 8bit through PS1/N64 console, and most games for the consoles that came after, just doesn't feel the same. It's just files on a HDD. Doesn't matter if you/i've payed for some, or all, of them.. or not. Holding a real copy in your hand is better. Seeing it in slightly worse condition every few years you look at it.. is not better though lol

Before i got my PS4 i played most of the current gen games on Steam that i could. Now i want to rebuy them on PS4 so i can have real copys. Been trying hard to force myself not to. :/
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

I just went to buy the G1 Optimus Prime DLC for Transformers Fall of Cybertron. Well, I just found out ALL Activision Transformers games were completely removed from PSN/Steam/XBL and everything else. Not just the DLC but the games as well. This is the shit I am talking about. Digital only future is shit for this very reason.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Same thing with streaming music. Songs can disappear or be replaced by edited/changed versions.

What if i wanted to play Mass Effect 1-2-3 in 15 years (Likely). How do i get the better ending for 3?
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I agree that digital content disappearing over time is a bummer, but I disagree with the correlation that digital gaming media is bad because of this. Realistically, if games were a physical media only service, you would just never have the good ending to ME3 at all, and cool DLCs might be included as unlockables, but are just as likely to not exist, since the game's profit would not be affected by it.

The bright side is, nearly all digital content is dumped and can be found on the internet if you really want it. WiiWare stuff isn't "gone forever", its out there. We might lose some of the smaller items (Like individual DLC), which is a bummer, but any important stuff will likely be preserved.
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

Good point about never getting the better ending if no digital existed! Still rather own the game. heh. Though there was a pretty friggin huge backlash. Never know man. If there was no digi downloads they might have pressed a disc and sent it for free to people who wanted it (with proof of purchase). Maybe if there was no Digital i would have that disc when i play the game 15 years from now! Also most DLC i have ever got is pretty meh. Playing the last Witcher 3 DLC right now. Meh.. Neat but not needed.

Also good point about the dumps. However, not all people can easily hack consoles. 360 and PS3 aren't exactly easy things for the average joe to hack. Unless there are soft mods now. Haven't looked in a while. Unlike super easy oXbox and most Nintendo stuff. Shit, i can access the eShop on my 3ds for free and DL anything i want.

I hope next gen moves away from optical media to "carts". Like the switch :D. But i suspect they might try digi only. Unless everyone freaks out like when XBone was announced. Which they might. heh
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

I don't think i have recieved even one broken case but what's kinda annoying about PS4 cases is that the discs get loose really often during shipping.

But the good thing is that bluerays don't get scratched easily so it's not harmful but it still shouldn't happen.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I haven't had any issues with PS4 cases personally. I kind of like them, though not as sturdy as some other cases.

I take it back, one issue I've had is issues with the plastic over the covers getting warped on a couple games, but other than that it's been fine.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

The warping sucks :/

My Zero Dawn (bought new) is winkled, warped and the whole front is slightly concave. It looks like a game was stored in a slightly damp environment for a few months or something.