Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I only recently got a PS4 so i only have about 6 games. 3 bought new and 3 bought used. The cases feel super cheap, light, and flimsy. The cheapness makes the whole case, that isn't the edges, feel uneven and lame lol. And they took the whole winkled cover art plastic to a whole new level. I thought maybe it was somehow me or the humidity in my apt. Nope just got and opened Horizon Zero Dawn and its just as wavy/wrinkled as the rest.
Last edited by SuperDerpBro on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Child owned from a INTERNET GAS filled home.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone disappointed in PS4 cases?

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Yeah, they're definitely more brittle than most recent consoles' game case. It's the only system where I've had a broken case on a new game in the mail since the days of jewel cases. It may infuriate me to no end that they put the disc on the left side of the case, but I have to admit that Xbox One game cases are pretty sturdy and quite an attractive shade of green.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I wont be buying any new PS4 games from now on. That's for sure. I'll wait for used.

I didn't know that about XBONE games. Must feel weird!!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm not sure why the Xbox One cases are like that, but I'm so used to it at this point.
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

If someone has any idea why Microsoft moved the disc to the left side I’d be very curious to know. It bothers me
SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I googled it a bit and some people think its because the right side is what you see first and then can place an add there for another game.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Nope. I love them. They are some of my favorite game cases ever made. The slightly scrunched plastic I like honestly, just like how it feels underneath my fingers. I live in a dry environment. that's They are less cheap than the Wii U recycled plastic that is nonrecycled plastic cases lol. The odd choice for MS to move the discs to the other side. I really like the transparent blue and they have a good solid click to close them. If I have one good complaint is that the discs often come loose. Thankfully they have never been damaged when shipped that way as Blu-Ray is pretty scratch resistant.

SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I do actually love they way they look. Until you see the shitty wavy plastic (As shown in your pic) and feel the super duper cheap feel. Like if Mc Donalds toy factory made a case for a top tier gaming console. haha

Cases last gen started to get this way.. but these feel like the goal was to "improve" the cheap feeling as much as possible.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Og Xbox and 360 had a nice looking case but man the XBO ones are hideous, one ugly shade of green. Wii U ones have more air than plastic so you can buy a new game with a hole punctured through the case. Wii U ones despite the nice shade of blue also get misshapen easily because of the giant sections of holes so Nintendo could save a buck on the case. They don't really break but they get really bent and I kinda prefer if they did break. Easier to just go oh ok and just replace it. PS4 cases don't break on my shelf. No real point in replacing bent Wii U ones because they will bend again as soon as it's put back on my shelf.

SuperDerpBro
128-bit

Post by SuperDerpBro »

I've long since sold them but i remember replacing some wii and 360 game cases with new black DVD cases. Very sturdy and i kinda liked the way it looked. Made some art work look better because it held it more straight as well. *shrugs* I've been getting a little anal with condition lately. Going through all my 360/PS3 stuff. Even games i swear i was gentle with from new have little problems here and there. Some games i bought used and thought were in better shape than they are. I have to keep reminding myself its not worth worrying about, or buying a new game for small stuff and shelf wear. All the PS3 discs are mint (Gotta love Blu-ray.. i'm not even sure how people scratch these in normal use) and even the worst 360 game looks playable/installable .. and that't the point. To be able to play them :P