Official PS3 Controllers hard to find?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Official PS3 Controllers hard to find?

Post by Hazerd »

Why are Official Sony PS3 controllers so hard to find, if i would of known this would of bought more. So many knockoffs, its ridiculous.

Even Wii U pro controllers are having the same problem, you can buy a brand new one off ebay for under $20, but its a knockoff. A friends wife bought him one off ebay and i tried to explain to them it was fake, but they are damn good fakes. The real ones come with a Nintendo branded charging cable.

But if anyone has any Official Sony PS3 controllers for sale that dont have much use and arent gross and filled with dead skin, please send PM.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Official PS3 Controllers hard to find?

Post by Reprise »

This is upsetting to hear. I only own one PS3 controller and it's dying.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Not seen this at all. Often see them online brand new for about 40 bucks.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

Reprise wrote:This is upsetting to hear. I only own one PS3 controller and it's dying.

Plug a DS4 controller in the PS3 using a USB cable. It will work but no home menu button features.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Segata wrote:
Reprise wrote:This is upsetting to hear. I only own one PS3 controller and it's dying.

Plug a DS4 controller in the PS3 using a USB cable. It will work but no home menu button features.

I had to double check this online because I found this fascinating in the fact that a controller was backwards compatible with the previous console. Based on what I've read you can use the PS4 controller wirelessly as long as the PS3 has a patch Sony released in 2014.

Also I can't think of any other instance where a controller of a console could be used by the console before it. Is this the same with the DS2 controller with the PS1?
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

casterofdreams wrote:
Segata wrote:

Also I can't think of any other instance where a controller of a console could be used by the console before it. Is this the same with the DS2 controller with the PS1?

I don’t have a 7800 controller to test with but I imagine you could use one on a 2600. It’s the same port and you can use a Genesis controller on 2600 so it seems likely.

I just googled it and it looks like you can use PS2 controllers on PS1 but I’ve never tried that.
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

I've always thought DS3s were some of the worst 1st party controllers in the last few generations, they feel so cheap and flimsy. I've had 2 (one came with my Fat PS3 and one with my Slim) and both had inoperable triggers within 3-6 months of very modest use. Bought some cheap Power A replacements and they have been going strong for the last 4-5 years.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Am I right in thinking the motion controls of the DS4 won't work on the PS3 though, meaning some games would be unplayable?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

casterofdreams wrote:
Segata wrote:

I had to double check this online because I found this fascinating in the fact that a controller was backwards compatible with the previous console. Based on what I've read you can use the PS4 controller wirelessly as long as the PS3 has a patch Sony released in 2014.

You can use a Genesis controller on a Master System and Atari.