Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Which Sony handheld to collect for?

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 am

Exhuminator wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Moe Crystal being released in Japanese and Chinese but not English like Moe Chronicle.

:( I wasn't aware of that.

The release disparity between the respective USA and Japanese Vita libraries is simply criminal.

Yep. My copy of Moe Chronicle has both Chinese and English subtitles alongside the original Japanese version, but Moe Crystal's Chinese version only had Chinese subtitles. No English. I'm still salty.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 am

casterofdreams wrote:One last piece is the battery: I've had two batteries fell on me where the batteries expanded which signaled a leak in the battery housing. These were not in the system when I found out the failure.

I just noticed that this weekend with my PSP-3000. I thought it was strange, and thought to use it without the battery, but it didn't dawn on me the battery could've leaked. Yikes. Thanks for the info, though.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:46 am

I'd agree on the criminality feeling on the JP vs US stuff too. I ended up actually importing a few games both from there and even one from the UK (found local though) which was Tales of Eternia. I had to import but I did grab Macross among a couple others and they were totally worth it. The PSP I started on was the 2K but some loser got rough with my bag on an airplane years ago and smashed it on my side, which the PSP was in, and then the screen went everywhere under the casing and not so much as an apology so I replaced it with the 3K model. Both were solid, yet a little different with the type of display. Yes they are mechanical and the discs can pop out of those cheap caddies which sucked, but I was pretty careful and a tactical spot of super glue gel (which doesn't fog bad like liquid does) helps in a pinch.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:16 pm

JoeAwesome wrote:
casterofdreams wrote:One last piece is the battery: I've had two batteries fell on me where the batteries expanded which signaled a leak in the battery housing. These were not in the system when I found out the failure.

I just noticed that this weekend with my PSP-3000. I thought it was strange, and thought to use it without the battery, but it didn't dawn on me the battery could've leaked. Yikes. Thanks for the info, though.

I meant failed :lol:

It does run on just the AC adapter but then it defeats the purpose of the second P in the console's name. Third party batteries are very hit or miss.
Return to Sony and Microsoft