Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
benderx
Next-Gen

Repair ps3 super slim PSU?

by benderx Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:01 am

Hello, does anyone know how to open up ps3 super slim power supply? It's dam hard to open. I've removed all screws possible, I can't seem to open it after 2 hours straight. I know there hidden tabs but still can't nudge. The reason why I need to open it's filled with some bugs, I want to clean very well.

Overall ps3 turns on, but I knew there was something odd smell to dirt. I haven't found any supportive site to open on this model. I've checked ifixit no good solution. This power supply is little different compared to the 2nd version of the PS3 slim model. Mine is the 3rd slim model with slide door.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: Repair ps3 super slim PSU?

by casterofdreams Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 pm

That's crazy that a super slime is having problems. Although fairly cheap looking I thought those things were built better then the original and first revision.

In any event try this: https://www.ifixit.com/Device/PlayStation_3_Super_Slim

Just scroll down to the PSU guide. Hope this helps.

Edit: I reread your post about iFixit. I'm not sure if you found that and it wasn't much help. If so my bad.
benderx
Next-Gen

by benderx Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:01 am

Yeah, I found a solution to opening the ps3. Flat head Philips driver, crack it slowly without damaging the components. I found a YouTube video with same result as me, except he was able to opening it with a lot of pressure. Overall it's hard to remove dead bugs, take time. I'm not original ps3 owner, overall I got a good deal out of it.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

by casterofdreams Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:56 am

I understand. Well I hope you succeed in getting that thing working again.
Return to Sony and Microsoft