Next-Gen

Re: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

by Xeogred Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:32 pm

HLTB | RFG (WIP)
Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Reprise wrote:Well I just finished Nier Automata today and chose the option to wipe my save data at end, so yeah, I'm done.

Did you back up your save data? It's amazing to me in 2017 how many players don't know they can do that, and legitimately think they are making some grand sacrifice at the end of Nier Automata by deleting their saves. I unlocked the sweet new title screen that you get for deleting your save data, then immediately restored my back up saves. So I gained a cool new title screen and lost absolutely nothing

You know if you really lost all of your save data that means you can't play any of the game's DLC right?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Honestly, this talk seems super spoilery to me. Glad I already beat Automata myself.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 am

Juan Aguacate wrote:
Reprise wrote:Well I just finished Nier Automata today and chose the option to wipe my save data at end, so yeah, I'm done.

Did you back up your save data? It's amazing to me in 2017 how many players don't know they can do that, and legitimately think they are making some grand sacrifice at the end of Nier Automata by deleting their saves. I unlocked the sweet new title screen that you get for deleting your save data, then immediately restored my back up saves. So I gained a cool new title screen and lost absolutely nothing

You know if you really lost all of your save data that means you can't play any of the game's DLC right?

There's DLC? Haha but yeah, of course I backed it up. Edit: But my point stands, I'm done with the game.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo ID: Mark-Beth
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 am

The DLC just looked like some arena battle thing, not a big deal.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:52 am

Xeogred wrote:The DLC just looked like some arena battle thing, not a big deal.

Yeah, I looked it up and it didn't sound like anything I would care for. There's a bunch of different outfits etc. and I think possibly some extra side quests?

Nah, I'm done with the game. I got all 5 main endings, did all 3 play throughs. My time to play games is limited, so it's time to move onto something else (FFXII), although Persona 5 is still taking god knows how long to beat. Why is it sooooo god damn long?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

Juan Aguacate
24-bit

by Juan Aguacate Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm

There is actually a story in Nier Automata's DLC revolving around one of the machines, or so I've heard. You also get to fight the CEOs of SquareEnix and Platinum Games. I believe there's also a few brutally hard arenas for the weird, masochists out there. I'm debating whether or not to try the DLC myself. I probably will pass on it and maybe just play the original Nier instead, since Automata kind of has me interested in Yoko Taro's other games now. The interconnected timeline between the Drakengard games and Nier games is kind of fascinating to me.

Persona 5 is one of the most sluggishly paced games I have ever played in my life. The story is just dragging its heels and wasting my time with pointless BS. The dungeons and daily activities also getting pretty repetitive rather quickly. I'm sick of making coffee and answering stupid classroom quizzes. I'm not sure if I want to keep playing it honestly and I don't get all the hype surrounding it

Also, Ann is an idiot. She really is a stereotypical, blond bimbo. Yusuke is pretty cool though. I just got him and he's the only character so far that I like. Morgana is your typical, annoying mascot (his "Lady Ann" nonsense is annoying). Ryuji is an okay character, but I can take him or leave him. I actually like the clinic lady Takemi. I doubt she'll ever join my party though since Persona 5 only seems interested in high school kids like a lot of Japanese rpgs. Oh well.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:42 pm

We're way off topic and I tried to change lanes, but yeah...

Let's just say Juan I'm about done with Drakengard 3, might get the platinum too (IF I can even beat the final boss). I can talk Yoko Taro with you but this thread might not be the best place.
HLTB | RFG (WIP)
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 am

Yeah, I feel kinda bad that we're so off topic here, but I also have the original NieR, which I'm hoping to play through some time.

Also

Juan Aguacate wrote:Persona 5 is one of the most sluggishly paced games I have ever played in my life. The story is just dragging its heels and wasting my time with pointless BS. The dungeons and daily activities also getting pretty repetitive rather quickly. I'm sick of making coffee and answering stupid classroom quizzes.

Yes, thank you! I completely agree. The weird thing is I absolutely loved Persona 3 and 4. If you think the story is sluggishly paced now, wait until you get later in the game. The story kicks it up a pace, it feels like the 'home stretch' and then the game is like "but you still have lots of extra curricular activities and two more dungeons to do", because why the hell not just extend the game by another 30 odd hours? The twists towards the end were also so predictable and could be seen coming from a mile away.

ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks for all the spoilers for a completely unrelated game that only came out this year guys :roll:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Return to Sony and Microsoft