Explain PS4 beating Xbox One in market share

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Explain PS4 beating Xbox One in market share

Post by Segata »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Segata wrote:TV TV TV TV TV TV TV TV SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS CALL OF DUTY DOG CALL OF DUTY DOG CALL OF DUTY DOG. Fuck people who can't always be online just play a 360. That reveal then shitting on potential customers. Used game policy. Sharing games policy. Saying they could not flip a switch and change all this...until Phil Spencer flipped a switch and changed all that. Early on XBO was not kind to indies at all. They closed down those TV studios. The hardware was less powerful than PS4 and still trickier to develop for than PS4. Adam Ore making a bigger PR disaster for MS as is.

PS4 was going to be 500 bucks but MS showing the price Sony changed it last minute. Sony had to do little at E3. Wii U was a mess and MS fumbled so badly..just as bad if not worse than Sony 2006. The used games video posted above IS VERY Nintendo vs SEGA in the 90s. PS4 also has Japanese support and good to indies. They had better hardware,better marketing. Capitalized on Nintendo's and MS mistakes. Fairly similar to PS1 days. One of the best things Sony did with PS4 was increase the CPU before launch. Have 8GB GDDR5 ram. The UI is clean and easy to use unlike the XBO clusterfuck. Share button. We had the ability to take screens and videos in consoles since the 8 bit era in limited ways but never so easy as a button press. It was a combo of Sony doings things mostly right and MS and Nintendo doing everything wrong again much like PS1 days.

Breathe... It is just video games.

Huh? You think I am mad? how? Because I said fuck or something? I say fuck all the time carelessly even when ecstatic. Dude I am literally never angry on here. I am relaxed as can be. I have no clue why you think that is anger. You really are a dick to me and need to get off my case. You are malicious on purpose. You do intend to antagonize. Since you have such an issue with me on all my posts. I do not wish to interact with you anymore. You are obsessed with me. It's quite disturbing. You seem to have your own mental health problems. I am not angry with you but I am tired of this. I hate to do it but putting you on ignore for a while.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

The revealed Xbox One was a Steam Machine and everyone lost their shit because Microsoft has piss poor messaging.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

MrPopo wrote:The revealed Xbox One was a Steam Machine and everyone lost their shit because Microsoft has piss poor messaging.

Speaking of Steam machines. No one ever talks about them anymore. I guess like everyone predicted there wasn't a market for them. Do they still sell them?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I don't understand the hate for the system. Those complaints people had about the system were addressed before launch barring one; requiring the Kinect.

The system is a good system with good games. It has games that reach their core audience, an audience which may not be me or those who have the same mindset as me, butvthat does not invalidate it as a powerful system that has quality titles.

What it lost was the worst battle to lose. The battle of perception. Sony was easily able to sway people into perceiving it as an inferior product both from a hardware and software perspective. With Scorpio, I see Microsoft ttying to make a fresh start on their system.

I am very curious to see what they bring to the table. If it is similar to what they brought the last two years... It is gonna be tough on them.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The Xbone and the PS4 have very similar core architecture (AMD CPU and GPU) but the PS4 is faster. The Xbone has no hardware advantage whatsoever.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RudySilvergun

Post by RudySilvergun »

Omerta wrote:I also remember MS fumbling hard before launch. They tried to make physical game copies usable only by the original purchaser. There was an uproar about rentals and the resale market. All Sony had to do was say, "Yeah, we're not doing that" and they were light years ahead and never looked back. MS reversed their stance but the damage was done.

Not to mention they required a Kinect at first too. This was a text book case of how not to launch a new console and how to shoot yourself in the foot. I doubt MS will totally recover this generation.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

marurun wrote:The Xbone and the PS4 have very similar core architecture (AMD CPU and GPU) but the PS4 is faster. The Xbone has no hardware advantage whatsoever.

The Xbox One S definitely fixed this gap. Specs are closer to a PS Pro. Xbox made strides in the last year - their S bundles did pretty well.

The Scorpio seems destined to flunk - I don't see the S buyers who finally came onboard upgrading .
marurun

Post by marurun »

retrosportsgamer wrote:
marurun wrote:The Xbone and the PS4 have very similar core architecture (AMD CPU and GPU) but the PS4 is faster. The Xbone has no hardware advantage whatsoever.

The Xbox One S definitely fixed this gap. Specs are closer to a PS Pro. Xbox made strides in the last year - their S bundles did pretty well.

The Scorpio seems destined to flunk - I don't see the S buyers who finally came onboard upgrading .

Even if Sony didn't release a PS4 Pro and MS went ahead with the XBone S, I think it wouldn't have changed things much. Sony has too much of a lead. Didn't help that all the early cross-platform titles performed better on the PS4, in part due to the Kinect overhead on XBone and in part due to the Xbone being slightly less powerful.

What's interesting is that developing cross-platform titles between PS4 and Xbone is pretty easy. Despite their similarity to the PC, the PC is the hardest to port to because you have to account to so much hardware variety. But the PS4 and Xbone are so similar that ports are downright simple, unless you want the Xbone to actually show competitive performance, and then you have to wrestle with that weird high-speed cache.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

PS4 is the better choice: Resident evil 2 Remake, FF7 Remake, and Shenmue 3, Ico 3, and surprises at e3. Xbox one feels like comcast/timewarner cable box, I don't want to pay for xbox live. Bungie finally left microsoft eventhough they still have rights to Halo unmasked hero. PS4 feels like the new PS2. I hope they make another revision console PS4 Pro Slim edition.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

There is a chance that Scorpio starts a recovery for Microsoft, though. It will be far and away the most powerful home console, and that certainly has its appeal to a lot of gamers willing to drop the dough. Heck, I've held off this long and might snag one. I'd love to play Quantum Break and Killer Instinct.