Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Games That Defined the Xbox - Add Your Contribution!

by racketboy Wed May 24, 2017 10:24 am

Ok so anybody else want to write a blurb other than Mr. Popo and Steel Battalion?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 am

racketboy wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge must go on the list. It was a big deal back then, received stellar reviews and plenty of sales. That version of Crimson Skies was also an exclusive to Xbox and considerably different then the PC version.

True -- I could see that. If somebody wants to do a writeup for that one, go for it :)

Crimson Skies came with Xbox Live and was one of the most played games on the service (it stayed in the top 20 the lifetime of it). Along with Mech Assault which would have kept being relevant if that weird IP issue did not pop up.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed May 24, 2017 3:00 pm

I took care of DOA3 but may need somebody to give it a look over later.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed May 24, 2017 3:02 pm

racketboy wrote:Ok so anybody else want to write a blurb other than Mr. Popo and Steel Battalion?

I can take Splinter Cell. I take it looking at past "defining" articles would be a good starting point?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed May 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Stark wrote:
racketboy wrote:Ok so anybody else want to write a blurb other than Mr. Popo and Steel Battalion?

I can take Splinter Cell. I take it looking at past "defining" articles would be a good starting point?

Yes, that should work fine -- thanks!
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Fri May 26, 2017 9:31 am

I'm getting a draft put together for Halo as well, but I'll just need a Halo junkie to help me proof and improve it.
Melek-Ric
32-bit

by Melek-Ric Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:42 am

Now you can add that gamers can play select OG Xbox titles on the XBO consoles in the future.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:58 am

Add the 3 Hitman games to notable PC ports/multiplats. Those were huge at the time.

Also, maybe this is more of a graphical showcase but holy crap did Black (the FPS not Ninja) blow my mind.

Shenmue II might have been niche but it being the first release of a highly anticipated game in the States can't be ignored.

Man, they were even early talks between Sega & MS about the oXbox playing DC games natively. That would've been crazy. That might be worth mentioning in the Sega port section.

Overall, agree with the suggestions.

I'm in that awesome age window where I grew up playing the NES in my living room, everything 16/32/64 bit between, and then got to experience the PS2/oXbox/GCN height in high school. WOW. We eventually moved to the PS3/360/Wii in college. Many of us were too broke in college days to upgrade so we were still putting hours upon hours into oXbox & PS2 on our CRTs (couldn't afford those new crazy priced LCDs either)! This console showed me the home market was catching up to PCs. Many... many hours with Halo 1&2 LAN parites. Ethernet cables ran all over th place! XBL on Halo 2 was nuts but not many of us had broadband until we moved off to college :lol:. Man, some good memories even if it was technically my roommate's console back then :P. Looking forward to the write up. My modded oXbox is one of my favorite consoles I own.
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Getting close to having most of the games written for the main section. Anyone want to do Forza, Conker or Crimson Skies?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm

I played Black for the first time last year, it was really impressive and holds up.
Return to Sony and Microsoft