The PS2 on PS4 Thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: The PS2 on PS4 Thread

Post by dsheinem »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Quick update to the main list - Psychonauts is not the PS2 version on PS4, it's the version Double Fine put out in 2013 for PSN. They have it tagged as PS2 on PS4 however.

With the flash sale this weekend, a bunch of PS2 on PS4 games are 60% off. PaRappa 2 was an easy get. I watched trailers for every game they had on sale - also grabbed FantaVision, Hot Shots Tennis, and Ape Escape 2 (the last i've questioned myself on, I wish the original PS1 game was available on PSN also; i remember playing that).

I, too, picked up Fantavision. It's a quirky title I wrote about some years ago...

I also grabbed Siren, which is a horror game that I dabbled with and enjoyed in the past - this may be one worth coming back to sometime soon.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Siren looked pretty polished from the trailer. OKAGE was tempting but too turn-based/strategy for my liking. I liked the style and art though.

Eventually, with a better sale, I'll grab Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, Wild Arms 3 and Arc the Lad.

There are a bunch of other TPS/action-y games for sale in this run that I watched gameplay trailers for and was just not motivated at all. None scored particularly well and there are so many more recent games in the same vein i'm much more interested in (the retro blahs?).
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Metal Slug Anthology on sale for $7.99 (PS+), good discount for regular $19.99 game.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Some new adds:

Eternal Ring
Star Ocean Till the end of Time ($21!)
Resident evil code Veronica X
Two Harvest Moon games
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

How much more support do you expect for this? We've had a surprising crop this year, and I hope to get a lot more, but It looks like only true top games are coming to it.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP