Persona 5 - PS3 vs. PS4

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: Persona 5 - PS3 vs. PS4

Post by Reprise »

MrPopo wrote:The main dungeons are fixed and can't be visited after beating them. The random dungeons are side dungeons for grinding.

I was wondering about this and it sounds like a good compromise. I'm glad it's still possible to do some random dungeons for grinding.

The first dungeon you do, which I guess is more of a tutorial level, seemed very linear and hand-holdy with not much option of grinding if you wanted to, which concerned me a little. But that may be because it was serving as more of a tutorial.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

My copy of P5 showed up today. I put it on the PS3 shelf. Looks good sitting there. I'll play it someday, I guess.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'm not particularly impressed so far. Granted, I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm just not hooked yet. Persona 3 and 4 both hooked me almost immediately. I'm also a bit worried about the 100+ hour length and getting burnt out on it. I guess we'll see how it goes.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm not particularly impressed so far.

VS

:lol:

That's why I like reading reviews from members here. Definitely interested in seeing final thoughts in Games Beaten about P5.

Gotta admit, P3P really disappointed me. I'm still holding out hope for P4G and P5 though.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Do you say that because you like SMT more? There's still elements of those that interest me more, they look darker and super sci-fi. But Nocturne sounds kind of insane. I wonder if the Digital Devil Saga games are cool though, they look a lot shorter as well.

Hmm, I've got two good friends getting it and I'll be interested to see what they and some of you guys here say. Maybe I'll play Nier Automata or Yakuza 0 next instead for now.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Xeogred wrote:Do you say that because you like SMT more?

Let's see, I beat SMT: Nocturne and absolutely loved it, like 10/10 loved it.

I beat SMT:DS:Soul Hackers and liked it, as in 7/10 liked it.

I put about 17 hours into P3P, and the longer I played it, the more I disliked it. My rating for the game was creeping down to 5/10 territory.

So based on those few experiences, I'd have to say yeah, I like pure SMT more.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm not particularly impressed so far. Granted, I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm just not hooked yet. Persona 3 and 4 both hooked me almost immediately. I'm also a bit worried about the 100+ hour length and getting burnt out on it. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Wait, what? Persona 5 has me hooked way quicker than Persona 4 and 3 did. Persona 4 in particular took me hours to get into (but once I did, I couldn't put it down).

Edit: Also you didn't put 100+ hours into Persona 3 or 4?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

I plan to pick this up down the line, but I'm holding off for now. I loved Persona 4 Golden, but I only finished it last year and I'm not sure I'm ready for another 80 hours of Persona.

The main reason I'm holding off for now though is because I have a whole crapload of long ass RPGs to play through already - Xenoblade Chronicles X, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Dragon Quest 8, Final Fantasy XII, Bravely Default...

I think I need to go easy on RPGs for a while so I can actually finish some more of them :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Reprise wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I'm not particularly impressed so far. Granted, I'm only a couple hours in, but I'm just not hooked yet. Persona 3 and 4 both hooked me almost immediately. I'm also a bit worried about the 100+ hour length and getting burnt out on it. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Wait, what? Persona 5 has me hooked way quicker than Persona 4 and 3 did. Persona 4 in particular took me hours to get into (but once I did, I couldn't put it down).

Edit: Also you didn't put 100+ hours into Persona 3 or 4?

I put probably 120 hour into Persona 3 FES, but I was also ready for the game to be over at about 90 hours. Persona 4 took me probably 70 hours.

I don't know why Persona 5 hasn't hooked me yet. I'm definitely sticking with it - I LOVE Shin Megami Tensei in general, and especially Persona - but Persona 3 and Persona 4 both grabbed my interest must faster than Persona 5 has.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I LOVE Shin Megami Tensei in general

Which non-Persona SMTs have you beaten?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.