Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Questions about Xbox One

by noiseredux Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:18 am

checking to see what games have been added to the backwards comparability list has become almost exciting as tracking new releases for me lately. This week is a huge one... Daytona USA!
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:08 pm

I'll put this in the "questions" thread, but I picked up the Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 disc recently because it comes with three from the arcade classic series: Pac-Man, Galaga and Dig Dug. AND they're actually on disc! No codes, which made me feel good about actually getting the physical copy ($12ish nowadays).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:18 am

I can't seem to find a dedicated Xbox One game deals thread, but I found this pretty interesting. Slime Rancher is one of the free games with gold titles for August. Though it's been in early access on Steam for a while, it became a free games with gold game the day it officially released (8/1), which is pretty damn cool. I don't really know anything about it, but it did receive a rather glowing review over on Rock Paper Shotgun.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Fighting Vipers is now on the BC list!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 am

https://www.msleaks.com/2017/08/gamesto ... ble-games/

GameStop accidentally leaks a possible list of original Xbox backward compatible games

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Burnout 3: Takedown
Counter Strike
Darkwatch
Fuzion Frenzy
Jade Empire
Jet Set Radio Future
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Ninja Gaiden Black
Playboy: The Mansion
The Punisher
Sims 2
Soul Calibur II

this is rumor of course, but some interesting stuff in there. Buffy, Ninja Gaiden, Jet Set Radio, Soul Calibur II...
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:41 am

If it's the one I'm thinking of, Buffy is an excellent game.

I'd definitely play that again and Jade Empire.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:04 pm

Might be to coincide with the backwards compatibility, but it seems that MS is making a throwback controller https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/21/16345 ... date-price

All part of the plan to make Xbox the biggest platform.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 pm

oh yeah I saw that somewhere recently. I was never a fan of the duke myself, but it's kind of neat that they're doing it. Supposedly the OG Xbox BC titles will start to hit "in the Fall" sometime, so it makes sense.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah, I didn't buy an X-box for myself until after they'd started bundling the Controller S (I'd bought an earlier one, but it was a gift for one of my brothers). So, I never really used the Duke controller much - in my opinion, neither are perfect, but the S was a general improvement. It is, however, less iconic, so if the point is to coincide with the classic releases then it may make sense. Additionally, the X-box controllers (and PS2-PS3) had pressure sensitive buttons, which the current consoles no longer incorporate. So maybe these'll end up being functionally better, if they do more than look the same.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Playboy: The Mansion on the list made me legit LOL. I have a couple of those, may have to pick up The Punisher (not that I couldn't just get digitally on sale).
Return to Sony and Microsoft