PS2 games with Xbox 360 exclusive sequels.

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
flojocabron
Next-Gen

PS2 games with Xbox 360 exclusive sequels.

Post by flojocabron »

When I picked up my newest copy of Culdcept saga for the 360 the other day. It got me thinking about what other games on ps2 got some sequels on xbox 360. I thought a bit and went through my collection and these were some that came to mind. Since my collection is US NTSC, that's what I posted. If I'm totally wrong about these than go ahead and correct me. But if you know of other regions tell me. I'm pretty sure there's more, so I'll leave that to you to reply if you know them.

So without further a-do...The pics!

2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
theclaw
Next-Gen

Re: PS2 games with Xbox 360 exclusive sequels.

Post by theclaw »

I can't say I know how well the different installments are connected. Try looking into these games. Ace Combat 6, Kengo Legend of the 9, Ridge Racer 6, Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad.

Guilty Gear 2 Overture took years to get a PC port. For whatever reason they bothered. :?
Lum fan.
Kuruwin
64-bit

Post by Kuruwin »

Only game that comes to mind that hasn't been mentioned is Tenchu Z.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Rumble Roses -> Rumble Roses XX

While not just a PS2 game, as mentioned, Ace Combat 6 was only released on 360.

Import Tuner Challenge is actually Shutokō Battle Ten, and the previous Shutokō Battle games were branded as Tokyo Xtreme Racer on PS2 outside of Japan. So, technically, it's the final entry of that series.

The 360 was the only console to get a port of Samurai Shodown Sen as well, if you count that VI was on PS2 then maybe?

For region technicality/series, the Tales of Vesperia PS3 port was not (officially) localized, though there's a fan patch.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Silpheed: The Lost Planet (PS2) ---> Project Sylpheed (360)

Snoopy vs. The Red Baron (PS2/PSP) ---> Snoopy Flying Ace (360)

I think that we have listed all of the rest; so, the moderators can probably lock this thread now. :lol:
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

I would note that there is a Katamari game on PS3, though not the same one.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP