Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Thinking About Trading Xbox One For PS4. Opinions?

by Stark Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Tanooki wrote:Having the PS4 would be an advantage to a point depending on need, also if you have an amazon prime account only Sony devices can have their app due to some shady exclusivity deal so that could be a factor.

What?

If you mean there is no Amazon Instant Video app for Xbox One, then you are incorrect. There is one and has been one since launch. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertainment ... tant-video

EDIT: isiolia beat me to it
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Omerta
Next-Gen

by Omerta Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:01 pm

I like the PS4 controller much better than any previous Playstation offering. It feels beefier and the thumb sticks are further apart for people with giant hands like me. (The Xbone's is still awesome, too.)

There's handy feature that I find myself asking why it isn't on Xbone is SharePlay. I have a buddy that bounces around in the military. We can crack open a few beers, do some bullshitting, and watch each other play live or (if the connection is good enough) take over for each other making it more like a couch session when there's hundreds of miles between us.

Overall though, there's not a big enough difference to drop one and grab the other for me. If money or space was an issue, in hindsight I can say that I wouldn't have missed out on a whole lot just sticking with one console or the other when it comes to exclusive games or features.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:08 pm

If games were the focus then the answer is obvious, but it doesn't sound like that's the case for you. I dunno, are there things about the Xbone that bother you with what you use it for right now?

I used to get all the consoles for the most part up to this point, but I definitely continue to see zero reason for me to get an Xbox One. MS's lack of first party support (I could careless about Halo or Gears thesedays), and now with even their exclusives coming to PC, I personally see no point in ever getting one. Great controller though, I use it for my PC.

PS4's dashboard isn't amazing, but it's 10x better than the Windows 10 box crap to me.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:45 pm

I still say you should just save $200 and get a Roku if you don't care about games.

Xeogred wrote:I could care less about Halo or Gears these days

I'm REALLY sorry to be that guy, but this bugs the shit out of me - the phase is "I could not care less." What you're saying is that you actually DO care about Halo and Gears of War.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 pm

I'll keep doing it for you. :P
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:02 pm

Really I'd say the PS4 for sure if you were looking at purely gaming as far as media center features go there isn't a huge enough difference to swap around.

Really the only pros I see for XB1 this gen are:
1. The cable integration but I've not really heard of anyone actually using it.
2. Some backwards compatible titles.
3. Some semi decent exclusives like Rare Replay and Halo 5.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:15 pm

Hmm maybe that was a ps3/360 selling point. I've paid no attention at all to the One as it has no value or use to me in the least bit and has no unique titles staying on it alone to make me think otherwise. Sony isn't super wowing me either, but at least they got some trickle of them only titles.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Fragems wrote:Really I'd say the PS4 for sure if you were looking at purely gaming as far as media center features go there isn't a huge enough difference to swap around.

Really the only pros I see for XB1 this gen are:
1. The cable integration but I've not really heard of anyone actually using it.
2. Some backwards compatible titles.
3. Some semi decent exclusives like Rare Replay and Halo 5.

I used the HDMI in for my cable box back when I had cable last year, but that was honestly more because I ran out of HDMI ports than anything else. It works well enough, but it's not really a selling feature. I mean, there are only like a dozen channels you can go to by voice command, and since Destination America (for ghost shows), BBC America (for Doctor Who), and Discovery Family (for My Little Pony) weren't among those, I never really gave a shit about that part. It's kind of like putting a USB port on TVs; it's a cool feature, I guess, but it's not really that useful in the grand scheme of things.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

theclaw
Next-Gen

by theclaw Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:47 pm

I'll admit I'd like to try Rare Replay and Halo The Master Chief Collection.
All in all, PS4 caters to my tastes better. What alternative to Atelier Sophie does Xbox One have? Microsoft's ongoing struggle to get a major baseball game comes to mind too, or their stubbornness about indie physical releases.
Lum fan.
Stark
Next-Gen

by Stark Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Fragems wrote:2. Some backwards compatible titles.

I feel like this gets really underplayed. It's a pretty awesome perk. Maybe less so on a retro site, where people still have their 360, but personally I think this is great for some of those games I missed last gen that aren't getting a facelift to this gen. And if you have Xbox Live Gold, all the free 360 games on there are guaranteed to be backwards compat with the One. Personally feel like Microsoft is killing it lately.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Return to Sony and Microsoft