Thinking About Trading Xbox One For PS4. Opinions?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
darthmunky
Next-Gen

Re: Thinking About Trading Xbox One For PS4. Opinions?

Post by darthmunky »

darthmunky wrote:Also, does the PS4 support external hard drives for watching movies? Like could I plug in a 4TB portable hard drive and play any type of video file in the media player?

As I said, I mostly use my Xbox One for media right now. I download all my media from torrent sites and put them on my portable hard drive which is how I watch stuff on my Xbox. Can the PS4 do this just as good or better than Xbox One? I rarely have problems with incompatible file types other than subs not working occasionally.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

Why not set up Plex on your PC? Download torrents to a set folder, setup Plex to use that folder in its library, open Plex on XB1.

That, you don't have to constantly transfer media to the Xbox, and Plex is accessible from everywhere assuming you open a port and setup DYNDNS.
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
Xelyx
32-bit

Post by Xelyx »

theclaw wrote:I'll admit I'd like to try Rare Replay and Halo The Master Chief Collection.

Honestly, unless you're wanting to play the campaigns, you should just skip the Master Chief Collection. It's still riddled with bugs, and people really only vote for Halo 4 in matchmaking. If you want to play the campaigns, it's worth picking up if you find it cheap enough. If you just want to play multiplayer, though, go for Halo 5. The matchmaking is much smoother.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Xelyx wrote:
theclaw wrote:I'll admit I'd like to try Rare Replay and Halo The Master Chief Collection.

Honestly, unless you're wanting to play the campaigns, you should just skip the Master Chief Collection. It's still riddled with bugs, and people really only vote for Halo 4 in matchmaking. If you want to play the campaigns, it's worth picking up if you find it cheap enough. If you just want to play multiplayer, though, go for Halo 5. The matchmaking is much smoother.

But dude, just playing the multiplayer completely defeats the purpose of Halo. Yeah, the multiplayer is good, but that series' deep narratives and lore are the reason you should pick up a Halo game.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

darthmunky
Next-Gen

Post by darthmunky »

avrame wrote:Why not set up Plex on your PC? Download torrents to a set folder, setup Plex to use that folder in its library, open Plex on XB1.

That, you don't have to constantly transfer media to the Xbox, and Plex is accessible from everywhere assuming you open a port and setup DYNDNS.

I'm not against it, I just like being able to have my entire movie/tv library available on it. I have about 2TB of movies and my laptop only has less than 400gb of free space. I've also only had bad experience with streaming. Unable to play certain files and lagging. But I'd definitely give it go.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback