No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Ziggy

Re: No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Post by Ziggy »

Thanks for the post!

This sounds like an amazing update. I put about 30 hours into the game pre-fountain update, but I haven't played it since then. The question is, now with this update, should I start a new game? Sounds like starting a new game is almost necessary, with how substantial some of the updates seem.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ziggy587 wrote:Thanks for the post!

This sounds like an amazing update. I put about 30 hours into the game pre-fountain update, but I haven't played it since then. The question is, now with this update, should I start a new game? Sounds like starting a new game is almost necessary, with how substantial some of the updates seem.

If you want to do story... a new game is a must. Everything has changed. If you want to just explore and create and meet folks, you are good with your current gme.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I finally picked it up with the 60% off GoG sale going on for another 3-4 days.

I'm confused though by the game. I keep reading how easy it is to find that Heridium, but my randomly made world appears to have none. I've wandered over 2 hours using those resource trackers, manual pop scanning or using the glasses with no luck. It oddly took me a long time to find the first drop box as it was in the opposite direction I had been checking. I've got an upgraded pop gun, plenty of supplies, various other nice things, but I can not find that one element.

I've looked up the how too and what it looks like with pictures but it's not appearing. I almost want to say f the game and do a new world as it's driving me nuts being trapped on a freezing world I can't walk in long because it's below -40C there.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Heridium is a giant glowing blue pillar. If you can not find it, using a signal booster will allow you to locate a vein, which does not necessarily mean the closest vein. Usually there is one near the crash site, but it will send you far and away.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Took a few hours but I did find it, and the far or not off one wasn't it. It's weird as it looked not like the various pictures I've seen. One was almost like a big fat ball of rock (2nd I saw) and the first was more like one of the random stand out buttes in the area I was.

And then I get into space, and then it points me to a station, then another world -- as if the other wasn't bad enough freezing, now I get my home world on a radioactive ball of rock with pink flouishes and at least 1 mean animal in the area. Hit a space station a couple times or so, got myself a crew member working the base.

It's an odd game, I think there's promise but more needs to be done. I did end up trading this gun I had for another which went from a a C to a B but it has a lot of broken spots and I have no cash. I'll need to figure out how to find a shop where I can sell off goods like this one habitat i found had with some green warrior dude in it on the starter planet. The scale of this game is nuts in size and I know it fans out as I'm still in system and I know from reading you can go faster than light out system.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Yeah, follow the missions until they get you the hyperdrive and the recipes to fuel said hyperdrive and you are free to roam the universe!

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

So I started a new game. I like all of the new additions so far. Flying around on planets, especially landing, has definitely been improved. Although, it seems a little buggy whenever I exit my ship. And last night, the weirdest thing happened. I somehow landed my ship way to close to a structure. When I jumped out of the ship, I shot up into the sky! I made it practically into space! I was stuck up there for a little bit, long enough to wonder if I was gonna fall back to the planet surface or if I was somehow permanently stuck in space (with no ship!). I was about to load my last save when I started to fall back to the planet. Then I was wondering if the impact would kill me. So I hit the jet pack a split second before landing and took some minimal damage. I located my ship, and it was about a 4 minute walk away. Not too bad, I suppose. At least I didn't have to load a previous save.

But at any rate, the game seems a lot more fleshed out now. I didn't have any problems with it when it launched, but honestly, the game at launch feels like a demo compared to what it is now.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

downloading again...for like the 4th time...
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

dsheinem wrote:downloading again...for like the 4th time...

This time it is a fully fledged game. much bigger improvement in storytelling, menu system and overall connection between the player and the game world. It is fun now.

How about those guys that work at your base in the game? Part of me wants to go back and never finish the scientist quest line...... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Can't seem to find any blueprints, not sure why. It would be nice to be able to make my own antimatter instead of buying it second hand at space stations. I eventually did go to my 3rd in system world, figures it's a little ways out from the others and is totally cozy and habitable. Also it's loaded with gold. I cleared off half a mountain of the stuff over a entire night cycle, sold it at the station for just under a half million credits.

I have like an 60-80% fill on my jump drive now. But there's some anomaly in the way of the system with the scientist. I don't want to get stuck, but I'm wondering if I can jump around it to that location. I'd like to blind try it but don't want to screw myself since it auto saves.

Also noticed on my home world, the scanner pod isn't throwing up new targets for monoliths but pings used up existing, not sure why they don't clear off so it gets a bit annoying. I'm just trapped at this rate until I get that korvax scientist I guess because it refuses to show any more story/progression progress until I get that done and also make that buggy thing the vykeen engineer wants which I lack the parts for but I've seen as tradeable goods at the station. I'll just need to write down what the dude wants and go shopping.