No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I'm probably missing like a million "story" things. I haven't been given any blueprints or anything (at least not that I remember). I made my first and so far only warp cell by buying a unit of antimatter at a space station. :?
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Fragems wrote:Also for anyone using the scanner to scan animals and plants you can zoom in by clicking the right stick makes scanning stuff without having to get right up on it a heck of a lot easier. It's especially useful with hostile critters so far I've determined that if it has crab or insect legs then 99% of the time it wants to eat your face off.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about the scanner. I haven't been scanning anything! :(

What does scanning stuff actually do? What benefits are there?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Think you get like 400-500 credits a pop for scanning critters and plants plus you can rename them. If you scan all the animals on a planet I think there is like a 250,000 unit bonus as well. It's also a good way to tell if that giant animal coming your way is going to be a prick or not :lol: . The T-Rex I had come at me could have killed me in 3 hits had it gotten the chance first bite took out 2/3rds of my shield.
Last edited by Fragems on Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Aw that sucks. I found some pretty awesome looking animal/dinosaur type things on one planet, but I had to do a lot of exploring to find them (99% of the animals on the planet were just crabs trying to eat me).

I'll have to go back some time.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I'll be joining you guys soon. I'm not sure how you guys are playing it already, Steam and GoG both show it unlocking at 1:00 PM EST.

I just gotta clone my HDD to a larger one first (going from 120GB to 250GB). I have the drive bought already, but I'm not sure if I'll do that today or not.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I am tempted when it hits PC. Just not sure I'm tempted enough to pay full launch price.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

So is that preorder business really all that worth it? I'm reading people howling how they end up cockblocked from the hyperdrive blueprint that is given in the opening learning sequences.

I'm thinking of snapping it up at the last moment or not, could just wait until a Fall sale and get 20% off too when I free up my plate.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Unless you're really into super chill exploration with no multiplayer and almost no story or lore, I'd say wait for a sale. I'm enjoying it, but it's a "play for an hour or two when you need to unwind" type of game. It's NOT a Mass Effect or an Old Republic or anything.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Hopefully my copy comes in today.

I didn't pre-order it (since I was going to buy on Steam but then decided against it) so I had to order a copy off of Best Buy. It's been a real pain ordering from them since I made a mistake in my address and it's been incredibly difficult to change it :| Yeah it's partially my fault, but Best Buy's really confusing site really didn't put them in my good books either.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Unless you're really into super chill exploration with no multiplayer and almost no story or lore, I'd say wait for a sale. I'm enjoying it, but it's a "play for an hour or two when you need to unwind" type of game. It's NOT a Mass Effect or an Old Republic or anything.

I'd call that KEY to my enjoyment. I detest online multiplayer in almost any game, too many man children assholes and overkill try hards these days who are too committed to making other people miserable. I'd rather as I said, Star Trek it around, discover new worlds, species, whatever...trade some, hit some, shoot some...take it in stride. I am NOT into a Mass Effect thing, a game to get a little wound up but mostly wind down with for an hour or so sounds perfect.