No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Tanooki wrote:Can't seem to find any blueprints, not sure why. It would be nice to be able to make my own antimatter instead of buying it second hand at space stations. I eventually did go to my 3rd in system world, figures it's a little ways out from the others and is totally cozy and habitable. Also it's loaded with gold. I cleared off half a mountain of the stuff over a entire night cycle, sold it at the station for just under a half million credits.

I have like an 60-80% fill on my jump drive now. But there's some anomaly in the way of the system with the scientist. I don't want to get stuck, but I'm wondering if I can jump around it to that location. I'd like to blind try it but don't want to screw myself since it auto saves.

Also noticed on my home world, the scanner pod isn't throwing up new targets for monoliths but pings used up existing, not sure why they don't clear off so it gets a bit annoying. I'm just trapped at this rate until I get that korvax scientist I guess because it refuses to show any more story/progression progress until I get that done and also make that buggy thing the vykeen engineer wants which I lack the parts for but I've seen as tradeable goods at the station. I'll just need to write down what the dude wants and go shopping.

If you followed the beginning quest lines, you would have been given the recipe for antimatter before being able to jump to other systems.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well I was following what the prompts in the bottom corner told me, but I don't recall ever there being an actual story being thrown around. I was at a crash site, repaired the ship, scouted around some, once I could take flight to then hit a few spots out of walking distance to get myself into space. I hit the station and got the 2 aliens for the base I had setup. No one ever handed me an antimatter blueprint. From that point I've just been honestly in limbo. It wants me to make a buggy with the vykeen but I don't have the parts yet. The gex wants a korvak scientist, and it's out of the system which is why I had to buy up antimatter, but now I can't go there as there's some space anomaly the stellar map reports blocking that flight. I imagine I could likely go around it system hopping but hadn't done so as of yet.

I have no other prompts than make a buggy and get scientist.

Perhaps my game is bugged. I rand this across the NMS reddit and a few said I may have a bugged game because the antimatter never came up and I had to buy it. I'd rather not restart with the hours I put into it so far and because I found a pretty nice classB replacement ship too.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Tanooki wrote:Well I was following what the prompts in the bottom corner told me, but I don't recall ever there being an actual story being thrown around. I was at a crash site, repaired the ship, scouted around some, once I could take flight to then hit a few spots out of walking distance to get myself into space. I hit the station and got the 2 aliens for the base I had setup. No one ever handed me an antimatter blueprint. From that point I've just been honestly in limbo. It wants me to make a buggy with the vykeen but I don't have the parts yet. The gex wants a korvak scientist, and it's out of the system which is why I had to buy up antimatter, but now I can't go there as there's some space anomaly the stellar map reports blocking that flight. I imagine I could likely go around it system hopping but hadn't done so as of yet.

I have no other prompts than make a buggy and get scientist.

Perhaps my game is bugged. I rand this across the NMS reddit and a few said I may have a bugged game because the antimatter never came up and I had to buy it. I'd rather not restart with the hours I put into it so far and because I found a pretty nice classB replacement ship too.

At your shipwreck, did you interact with the probe that crashed into your ship that asks if you want you take the atlas path?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Yeah I did, kind of figured a work around for it so it's fine. I got fed up and left the system, jumped and it kicked more story off and pointed out an atlas interface. Natively out of reach (134ly and I'm 100max.) I jumped a few systems, eventually found this guy you'll have to triangulate a location with after a holo-meeting (it's done, just need to chit chat again.) Got that scientist in the fed up moment, found one in reach that had korvax and got the scientist off that local station. I did hit the atlas interface system where triangulating and it gave me some words in the area and 2 refills for the jump drive.

Lots of worlds in this system, depending how the convo goes may stick around a bit not sure yet. I moved my base to this friendly world (only time bio is death dealing ice rain) that is a moon of a larger space that's a bit toxic (acid.)

It's an interesting game but the harvesting so often so much is getting a little tedious. Good thing I'm going between that game and Rebel Galaxy or I'd probably tire of it alone.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I had another weird bug happen when exiting my ship. I landed at a trade post, but when I exited my ship I automatically hopped right out and over the railing, falling all the way to the ground. Those trading posts have no access from the ground, and I don't have any jetpack enhancements yet, so getting back up wasn't easy. On top of that, it was on an extreme climate planet. Protection falls super fast. So this little glitch nearly killed me.

edit: Also, sometimes when I exit my ship, instead of jumping out I just fall out the bottom of it! LOL, anyone else ever have this happen?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Any one hear about the new update dubbed "Next" that was just released? It looks like it adds a shit ton to the game. I haven't read all the details yet, but it looks like it adds some really interesting things. I read that multiplayer is delayed from the GOG version, but I was like, "Wait, say what? MULTIPLAYER?" Yeah, apparently you can team up and explore the galaxy now.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Ziggy587 wrote:Any one hear about the new update dubbed "Next" that was just released? It looks like it adds a shit ton to the game. I haven't read all the details yet, but it looks like it adds some really interesting things. I read that multiplayer is delayed from the GOG version, but I was like, "Wait, say what? MULTIPLAYER?" Yeah, apparently you can team up and explore the galaxy now.

It not only adds a ton of stuff, it completely changes how you play on a very basic level. All of the resources have been changed, condensed and reworked to be streamlined and feel useful to the player. How you harvest said materials has completely changed, requiring you to use tools you never had or could ignore. Even the rare materials are presented in new, diverse and even dangerous ways.

Your scan visor is completely changed, offering a more diverse view of what you can do and offers up a bevy of activities and collectibles that you can find that were not available in the older versions.

The game offers up a third person perspective option on the ground and in the skies as well as a character customization.

The landscape has completely changed, with math that offers up a more fantastical landscape that feels real with enormous cave structures, rivers and underground lakes, enormous mountains and more creative features that go beyond odd looking sine waves. The visuals themselves have been improved with better ship detail, animations and creatures.

The creatures themselves have been improved with better AI and behaviors. Creatures can now run in packs, eat other species (whereas in the previous version they would just kill a species) and they also have better diverse visuals and sound design.

Base building is no longer restrained to a specific plot of land. You have unlimited build range, the ability to make multiple bases and place bases down anywhere in the universe. These bases, when uploaded are permanent fixtures to the world for all players online.

They added 100s of new building pieces new building materials and a complete visual overhaul of everything, not to mention a more natural, exploration based way to unlock all of the building parts that doesnt seem grind-eye or forced. You actively want and enjoy finding what you need.

The completely changed your technology upgrades not only in what they do, but how you acquire them, how you craft them and how you install them. They offer the quick and easy way of straight up buying upgrades or offer them as rewards by exploring the universe, doing missions or repairing damaged tech found on planets.

These tech upgrades also feel substantial to the player once you install them and motivate you to collect and install them whereas before you could easily go through the game with zero upgrades.

There are more diverse star systems, with ringed planets now and the visual aspects of the planets themselves have improved dramatically. I can not spoil how... you just have to sew, but I can assure you that it looks and feels vastly different from the older iterations.

Another huge change involves freighters. Buying or earning a freighter allows you to recruit a fleet of capital ships which you can send on interstellar missions. Your freighter is also fully customizable internally with a slew of building options inside. Not only that, the freighter offers multiplayer missions that are much more difficult but offer huge rewards.

The big thing everyone is talking about is multiplayer. You can team up with up to 3 other friends (or matchmake with randoms) to explore and build together. You keep everything you collect when doing this and they migrate your quests to the star system you join so that you can continue your progress with no hassle. You simple join a friend and enter their system and can freely explore the entire universe together. There is no cutting back on features in multiplayer. Everything in single player is in multiplayer. Any other players you meet outside of the 4 man team are still the shining orbs that you can talk to but not interact with.

I could go on forever, but every item in the game, new and old has ben reworked yo make you want to use it and doesnt feel like a slog. The progression is more sensical and better thought out and feels natural.

It went from a great game during the Atlas Rises update to a spectacular game with Next.

marurun

Post by marurun »

As it is after this update, I would play it were it on Switch.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

So the initial release of the game really was just a demo at this point. :lol:

This update sounds awesome. I put in almost 50 hours to this game, about half of that on the initial release and the other half with the Atlas Rises update. I wanted to come back to it, and now this update gives me good a reason!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

And now it is actually added to my wishlist on Steam.