Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: No Man's Sky Stories and Tips

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Tanooki wrote:Can't seem to find any blueprints, not sure why. It would be nice to be able to make my own antimatter instead of buying it second hand at space stations. I eventually did go to my 3rd in system world, figures it's a little ways out from the others and is totally cozy and habitable. Also it's loaded with gold. I cleared off half a mountain of the stuff over a entire night cycle, sold it at the station for just under a half million credits.

I have like an 60-80% fill on my jump drive now. But there's some anomaly in the way of the system with the scientist. I don't want to get stuck, but I'm wondering if I can jump around it to that location. I'd like to blind try it but don't want to screw myself since it auto saves.

Also noticed on my home world, the scanner pod isn't throwing up new targets for monoliths but pings used up existing, not sure why they don't clear off so it gets a bit annoying. I'm just trapped at this rate until I get that korvax scientist I guess because it refuses to show any more story/progression progress until I get that done and also make that buggy thing the vykeen engineer wants which I lack the parts for but I've seen as tradeable goods at the station. I'll just need to write down what the dude wants and go shopping.

If you followed the beginning quest lines, you would have been given the recipe for antimatter before being able to jump to other systems.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Well I was following what the prompts in the bottom corner told me, but I don't recall ever there being an actual story being thrown around. I was at a crash site, repaired the ship, scouted around some, once I could take flight to then hit a few spots out of walking distance to get myself into space. I hit the station and got the 2 aliens for the base I had setup. No one ever handed me an antimatter blueprint. From that point I've just been honestly in limbo. It wants me to make a buggy with the vykeen but I don't have the parts yet. The gex wants a korvak scientist, and it's out of the system which is why I had to buy up antimatter, but now I can't go there as there's some space anomaly the stellar map reports blocking that flight. I imagine I could likely go around it system hopping but hadn't done so as of yet.

I have no other prompts than make a buggy and get scientist.

Perhaps my game is bugged. I rand this across the NMS reddit and a few said I may have a bugged game because the antimatter never came up and I had to buy it. I'd rather not restart with the hours I put into it so far and because I found a pretty nice classB replacement ship too.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 pm

Tanooki wrote:Well I was following what the prompts in the bottom corner told me, but I don't recall ever there being an actual story being thrown around. I was at a crash site, repaired the ship, scouted around some, once I could take flight to then hit a few spots out of walking distance to get myself into space. I hit the station and got the 2 aliens for the base I had setup. No one ever handed me an antimatter blueprint. From that point I've just been honestly in limbo. It wants me to make a buggy with the vykeen but I don't have the parts yet. The gex wants a korvak scientist, and it's out of the system which is why I had to buy up antimatter, but now I can't go there as there's some space anomaly the stellar map reports blocking that flight. I imagine I could likely go around it system hopping but hadn't done so as of yet.

I have no other prompts than make a buggy and get scientist.

Perhaps my game is bugged. I rand this across the NMS reddit and a few said I may have a bugged game because the antimatter never came up and I had to buy it. I'd rather not restart with the hours I put into it so far and because I found a pretty nice classB replacement ship too.

At your shipwreck, did you interact with the probe that crashed into your ship that asks if you want you take the atlas path?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:32 am

Yeah I did, kind of figured a work around for it so it's fine. I got fed up and left the system, jumped and it kicked more story off and pointed out an atlas interface. Natively out of reach (134ly and I'm 100max.) I jumped a few systems, eventually found this guy you'll have to triangulate a location with after a holo-meeting (it's done, just need to chit chat again.) Got that scientist in the fed up moment, found one in reach that had korvax and got the scientist off that local station. I did hit the atlas interface system where triangulating and it gave me some words in the area and 2 refills for the jump drive.

Lots of worlds in this system, depending how the convo goes may stick around a bit not sure yet. I moved my base to this friendly world (only time bio is death dealing ice rain) that is a moon of a larger space that's a bit toxic (acid.)

It's an interesting game but the harvesting so often so much is getting a little tedious. Good thing I'm going between that game and Rebel Galaxy or I'd probably tire of it alone.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:03 pm

I had another weird bug happen when exiting my ship. I landed at a trade post, but when I exited my ship I automatically hopped right out and over the railing, falling all the way to the ground. Those trading posts have no access from the ground, and I don't have any jetpack enhancements yet, so getting back up wasn't easy. On top of that, it was on an extreme climate planet. Protection falls super fast. So this little glitch nearly killed me.

edit: Also, sometimes when I exit my ship, instead of jumping out I just fall out the bottom of it! LOL, anyone else ever have this happen?
Return to Sony and Microsoft