Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Best New PS3 Deal - 2016

by Ziggy587 Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the disc drive. Some people have complained about freezing issues though. I don't know if that's widespread, or just an issue when the super slim first dropped but isn't now, or what.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the disc drive. Some people have complained about freezing issues though. I don't know if that's widespread, or just an issue when the super slim first dropped but isn't now, or what.

Hm, I hadn't read that but haven't looked in a long time. For only $150, I'm considering it. I don't own a PS3 at the moment. I bought a PS2 10 years after launch so I'm right on time again :)
My Mod Threads
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah, IDK, I've read from a few sources and saw a few videos that say the disc drive can have trouble reading discs. It's hard to tell if maybe there's just a problem with 1% of super slims out there, or if the super slim's drive isn't as good. Another point though is a lot of people say it's a lot noisier than the regular slim.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

by foxhound1022 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:20 pm

I have a super slim and have used it pretty heavily for over 2 years now with no problems.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:23 am

Jagosaurus wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Yeah, I had the same thoughts about the disc drive. Some people have complained about freezing issues though. I don't know if that's widespread, or just an issue when the super slim first dropped but isn't now, or what.
Hm, I hadn't read that but haven't looked in a long time. For only $150, I'm considering it. I don't own a PS3 at the moment. I bought a PS2 10 years after launch so I'm right on time again :)

:lol: The price at $150 new very tempting!

See my PS3 YLOD Thread in my signature
My son has a PS3 Slim due to the original PS2 compatible unit continuing to fail so many times thru the Sony exchange program. I have bought a few must have PS3 games over the years (tested working on son's console) and might eventually now pick up a PS3 500gb console for myself.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:27 am

foxhound1022 wrote:I have a super slim and have used it pretty heavily for over 2 years now with no problems.

This.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Return to Sony and Microsoft