Xbox 360 arcade marketplace question

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox 360 arcade marketplace question

Post by casterofdreams »

theclaw wrote:Annoying as naysaying may be, it is so right it hurts. Original Xbox embodies everything critics have tried to warn us about, and an essential case study for what'll happen to old digital console games someday.

I agree however I feel that MS has been pretty good with some issues on the digital front.

The download history feature on the console and website makes it easy to pull your history and get that content. And they've done some work for backwards compatibility where your history carried over to the One. So in this case your digital purchases are surviving two console generations.

Some content, wheather DLC or game itself, has a higher possibility for a physical release via a separate disc. (FYI I made a guide on this point).

And lastly since the 360 accepts an external hard drive, one can back up all of the content to and external drive. Even though the licences will be with the console or gamer tag, if a community of gamers really wants the content unrestricted, say 10 years from now, I'm sure they will find a way to rid the licenses.