Xbox 360 arcade marketplace question

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
mas
Next-Gen

Xbox 360 arcade marketplace question

Post by mas »

Does anyone know how or where I can get old games from the marketplace that no longer exist on Xbox live? The games I'm looking for is
After burner
Mvc origins
Xmen
Turtles arcade
If anyone can give me help that would be great thanks
strangenova
Next-Gen

Re: Xbox 360 arcade marketplace question

Post by strangenova »

I think once they've been pulled, if you don't have them then you can't get them. I could be wrong though.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

This is the biggest drop on ALL digital media including games, movies, music and kindle. The games are no longer available even for registered owners (once console support drops) and cannot even legally be bought as used games on a given system. The original Xbox had this issue too, fortunately the Live Arcade games were hacked and made available. Hopefully either the 360 live games will be made available again (unlikely) or will get hacked (slim chance).

Fragems wrote:Atari classics getting a physical release on a current gen system with online support :)

Meanwhile there is excitement on 2600 games which have been released over and over again on each console. I have reservations on any new console physical release, many have "online support" to authenticate the disc!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

Once it's been delisted it's gone forever.

If you get a guest gamertag to log on to your console, you can download it via their download history. In most cases, delisted XBLA games stay on your download history but you have to be logged in on the gamertag who owns the content to play it.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

casterofdreams wrote:Once it's been delisted it's gone forever.

If you get a guest gamertag to log on to your console, you can download it via their download history. In most cases, delisted XBLA games stay on your download history but you have to be logged in on the gamertag who owns the content to play it.

You also have to transfer the rights to that console, which I believe can only be done a limited number of times.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

The number of times is actually unlimited unless I missed something. The restriction however, is time. You can only transfer licenses every four months.

Keep in mind though that if you do the license transfer you actually remove them from the originating console so if your friend for example downloads the game to your guest Xbox 360 and performs a license transfer, then they lose offline access to that game when they go home. They must be online to play that game.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

One of my biggest gaming regrets (it sounds dramatic, I know) is I never grabbed X-Men the arcade game from XBLA. I've got Turtles and don't know why I didn't just spend the extra to get X-Men at that time. Huge regret.
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

I was extremely disappointed that I could not get a re-release of Guardian Heroes anywhere else.
theclaw
Next-Gen

Post by theclaw »

Annoying as naysaying may be, it is so right it hurts. Original Xbox embodies everything critics have tried to warn us about, and an essential case study for what'll happen to old digital console games someday.
Lum fan.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

The thing that sucks for me is that I got my 360 a couple of weeks after the cancelation of the turtles and Xmen games. And I didn't bother getting the marvel games. The only good thing is that I have the demo and I play spiderman anyways so I guess I'm good