Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Re: Trying to round out my PS3 collection...

by Exhuminator Tue May 24, 2016 8:19 am

isiolia wrote:the long and short is that the 360/XB1 have different gamma than others. Without deliberate developer compensation, games are likely to look darker/brighter, usually darker.

This was an issue with the OG Xbox as well. Its gamma output is noticeably brighter than the PS2 and GameCube.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Tue May 24, 2016 2:58 pm

Well, as soon as I decide what to do about Dynasty Warriors, I think I'll pretty much be cleaned up as far as my PS3 games go. After doing a lot of looking, I'm figuring out the stuff I swapped to PS3 for is actually not that many games, just games I wanted more than what they had on 360. :lol:

Thanks for the help everybody. :mrgreen:
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:36 pm

Exhuminator wrote:360 version's frame rate is not as consistent. 360 version has lesser shadow quality. The LOD modeling in PS3 version is better optimized. PS3 version has more vibrant colors for some reason. 360 version is prone to screen tearing, whereas the PS3 version doesn't have that issue. The PS3 was the lead platform and you can just tell.

"We're leading development on PS3," says director Shinji Mikami. "Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."
http://www.destructoid.com/ps3-is-the-l ... 5902.phtml

Damn it. I *just* went hunting for this and found a freshly listed 360 version near-mint for $12.50 + $2.50 shipping. 360 usually had the upper hand with multi-plats so was a no-brainer for me after finding a bunch of other used listings into the $20s.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:44 pm

Don't sweat it, it's not a huge difference. It's definitely not a Bayonetta situation on PS3, and it's not a lower resolution like Red Dead Redemption on PS3, either. (I happen to have the latter on PS3...)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... h-face-off
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Rumor is that Vanquish is next in line to appear on Steam, which if it pans out, will likely end up as the best version anyway.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:50 am

retrosportsgamer wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:360 version's frame rate is not as consistent. 360 version has lesser shadow quality. The LOD modeling in PS3 version is better optimized. PS3 version has more vibrant colors for some reason. 360 version is prone to screen tearing, whereas the PS3 version doesn't have that issue. The PS3 was the lead platform and you can just tell.

"We're leading development on PS3," says director Shinji Mikami. "Obviously each console has its own unique requirements and limitations, but we feel if we can create a good enough presentation on PS3, we'll be off to a good start."
http://www.destructoid.com/ps3-is-the-l ... 5902.phtml

Damn it. I *just* went hunting for this and found a freshly listed 360 version near-mint for $12.50 + $2.50 shipping. 360 usually had the upper hand with multi-plats so was a no-brainer for me after finding a bunch of other used listings into the $20s.

If you want a good deal on getting Vanquish for PS3 at a cheap price, seek out this version:

It plays in complete English, and is region free.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 am

isiolia wrote:Rumor is that Vanquish is next in line to appear on Steam, which if it pans out, will likely end up as the best version anyway.

Yeah I'll buy it a third time.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:32 pm

Sarge wrote:Don't sweat it, it's not a huge difference. It's definitely not a Bayonetta situation on PS3, and it's not a lower resolution like Red Dead Redemption on PS3, either. (I happen to have the latter on PS3...)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... h-face-off

Thanks guys.

I also have RDR on PS3, but remedied that pretty quick given the XBO boost to 30 FPS with BC.
Segata
Next-Gen

by Segata Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:12 am

For the heck of it my PS3 and PS4 atm. I dunno why I badly made a retro TV and in wide screen but whatever. Just felt like it.
Dreamcast is love,Dreamcast is life!
Twitter Segata
Return to Sony and Microsoft