Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Trying to round out my PS3 collection...

by Fragems Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

I have deception but haven't gotten around to playing it. Not sure if I should go ahead or just wait until I pick up the PS4 version with the extra content.

Oh and another series to look into if you like tacitcal rpgs is Disgaea 3, 4, and D2 are really cheap at the moment if you can find them. At Gamestop 3 is $7, 4 is $10, and D2 is $15. There is also the The Disgaea Triple Play Collection but it's alot cheaper to just buy them separate.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Fri May 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Has anybody played Deception IV? Looks interesting, but... I'm not sure.

I've played through it, but the PS4 version still has the same core game plus more. The series in general is a bit different (I own most of them, but I've only beaten Trapt in addition to IV).

If you like trying to mess with AI in games you'd probably dig it, at least.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sat May 14, 2016 2:36 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
Fragems wrote:Ah I didn't notice that I don't keep up to much with digital only releases :P.

Those ass holes in Europe got a nice physical release with Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls on one PS4 disc.

Not true, actually. We got a nice physical release with Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls on separate PS4 discs :P

As odd as it sounds, I was actually disappointed when I bought it and saw there were two discs.

Edit: Ooo speaking of exclusive physical versions of games in Europe, my copy of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the PS4 just came in the post, 3 days before release! Can't wait to play through this game again! :D
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Sun May 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Reprise wrote:Edit: Ooo speaking of exclusive physical versions of games in Europe, my copy of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the PS4 just came in the post, 3 days before release! Can't wait to play through this game again! :D

Actually we are getting it as well comes out Tuesday. I've got a preorder in but I have it set to uber slow shipping for some free credits so I probably won't get it till late in the week. Nice to see that the first run is going to be upgraded cases as well they are steel paks with a sleeve not as fancy as a standard steel book but they still look really nice. Plus at around $25 shipped after taxes thanks to the prime discount it was hard to pass up.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sun May 15, 2016 3:01 pm

Fragems wrote:
Reprise wrote:Edit: Ooo speaking of exclusive physical versions of games in Europe, my copy of Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the PS4 just came in the post, 3 days before release! Can't wait to play through this game again! :D

Actually we are getting it as well comes out Tuesday. I've got a preorder in but I have it set to uber slow shipping for some free credits so I probably won't get it till late in the week. Nice to see that the first run is going to be upgraded cases as well they are steel paks with a sleeve not as fancy as a standard steel book but they still look really nice. Plus at around $25 shipped after taxes thanks to the prime discount it was hard to pass up.

I must be mixing something up, as I saw articles about the physical edition being exclusive to Europe. I'm guessing I read it wrong and we're getting an exclusive package, rather than it being exclusive in physical form. Glad you guys are getting it too.

We don't get steel packs though. Just a normal case:

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Mon May 16, 2016 1:02 am

Here's one- what Dynasty Warriors (or other offshoots) would be suggested? As similar as they are from what I know, I imagine I'll just get one.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Mon May 16, 2016 9:36 am

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Here's one- what Dynasty Warriors (or other offshoots) would be suggested? As similar as they are from what I know, I imagine I'll just get one.

Sell your PS3 and get a Wii U and Hyrule Warriors. I haven't played the Gundam or One Piece spin offs, but between the main series, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, and Hyrule Warriors, Hyrule Warriors is hands down the best.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Mon May 16, 2016 9:53 am

From the ones you were undecided on.
Dragons Dogma- I feel is a solid gem also being pretty unique having people who worked on Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Breath of Fire on one project. Knowing this blend of talent it's awesome to see it come together in a cohesive package. I play it on slightly difficult with not many if any HUD indicators and just go!

Splatterhouse- Man I have to argue for, Unlocking the first 3 Splatterhouse games only justifys owing. The actual game nothing blockbuster still solid experience staying close enough to its roots, although admit you might get bored after a while. Have you unlocked all of Ricks girlfriend Jennifer portraits yet?

Vanquished- I've beaten but that says not much since it's the kinda game you play over to achieve better class ranks per stage (adding replay). The writing/story is goofy but good, Platinum Games signature action style, over the top speed and bosses and that about sums it up. Worth a play and if it's for you definitely a keeper.

Nier- youll either love it or hate it, but you'll love it.. that is after a couple of hours. At first Nier grips you in with its mature storyline, intense scenario, and intriguing mystery. What is it, what's going on etc. etc. then throwing you into a relentless wave of enemy after enemy. During this time you will get accustomed to the controls which is a taste of what's to come. Without going to deep this game keeps it fresh and keeps it engaging, tackling near every genre blended so unorthodox to a ARPG. My only gripe is the environment, polish and detail are completely lacking, but in turn everything else is spot on showing where the developers priorities were.

Yakuza Series- Best experience simulating Japan's criminal underworld, infusing Japanese culture excellent martial arts/beaten ups. Amazing tale throughout the whole series, I believe Yakuza 4 has parts 1-3 cut scenes you can play to catch up.

Deception IV- Sadistic, Humaltion, Sexy very very niche game depends if you enjoy experiment and obscure video games. Basically set traps in a room while trying to lure AI into them, now that's the basics. So if your a Sadist who enjoys humiliation then Deception gives you endless ways to live your fantasy. There's tons of depth to the system and every AI has its own stats and backgrounds which adds the RPG element to the game. The PS4 version is the definitive version with more content so go that route, overall solid 8 game if you know what your getting good into as well as have open expectations. There's a good tutorial to boot.

Dynasty Warriors doesn't appeal to me somewhat but something like Samurai Sengoku Basara is ok by me.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Wed May 18, 2016 3:11 am

Some more:

Duke Nukem Forever (complete toss up)
Sonic: Generations
Bayonetta? -Tried before, and I just plain sucked at it
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Wed May 18, 2016 3:57 am

the PS3 version of Bayonetta is supposedly crap vs. the 360 version fwiw
Return to Sony and Microsoft