PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only games

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Omerta
Next-Gen

PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only games

Post by Omerta »

Not seeing much about it in a RB search so...

A small company called "Limited Run Games" has been making tiny batches of physical copies of previously digital-only Vita and PS4 games.

http://www.limitedrungames.com/

Saturday Morning RPG on PS4 is the next one in line. Keep an eye out for the end of January if you want one before the flippers dump 'em on eBay.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Reprise
Next-Gen

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

Post by Reprise »

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I fancy the Vita version of Saturday Morning RPG. Just set a reminder on my phone for the 28th January.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Three more days until Saturday Morning RPG is up for sale.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Hell yeah, this is great! These will definitely be awesome to have in the collection years from now.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

I heard about these just earlier today. Great news. Unfortunately the games they've done so far don't look like my cup o' tea. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the future though, it's disappointing how many Vita games are digital only.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

MrEco wrote:I heard about these just earlier today. Great news. Unfortunately the games they've done so far don't look like my cup o' tea. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the future though, it's disappointing how many Vita games are digital only.

I'm buying them all whether they're my cup of tea or not. Collector problems, yo.

MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
MrEco wrote:I heard about these just earlier today. Great news. Unfortunately the games they've done so far don't look like my cup o' tea. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the future though, it's disappointing how many Vita games are digital only.

I'm buying them all whether they're my cup of tea or not. Collector problems, yo.

Hey, more power to you man. I'm glad collectors like you exist. As long as you're around then developers will always have some monetary reason to make physical games.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

That's awesome. Does anyone know if they have any plans to make physical prints of games for other systems? (I would love physical copies of some of my favorite Wii U and 3DS eShop games...)
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:That's awesome. Does anyone know if they have any plans to make physical prints of games for other systems? (I would love physical copies of some of my favorite Wii U and 3DS eShop games...)

As far as I know, they're only doing PS Vita and PS4 games, but if the site takes off, then I'm sure they'll expand. I, personally, would love to see some of the great Wii U digital games on disc (Freedom Planet, Gunman Clive HD, and the Mighty Switch Force games immediately come to mind).

My ultimate wishlist is for the Wii U's ultimate triad of masterpieces to come to disc - Meme Run, Biggley's Revenge, and The Letter.

touchofkiel
32-bit

Post by touchofkiel »

This is a little unrelated, but... Seeing how the Vita is region free, I thought I'd recommend a couple of digital games that saw physical copies exclusive in Japan...

Umihara Kawase +
DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours
Dokuro
Hotline Miami

Also "normal" editions of the Senran Kagura stuff.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.