Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
User avatar
Omerta
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:08 am
Location: Omicron Persei 8

PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only games

by Omerta Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:51 pm

Not seeing much about it in a RB search so...

A small company called "Limited Run Games" has been making tiny batches of physical copies of previously digital-only Vita and PS4 games.

http://www.limitedrungames.com/

Saturday Morning RPG on PS4 is the next one in line. Keep an eye out for the end of January if you want one before the flippers dump 'em on eBay.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
User avatar
Reprise
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3633
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am
Location: Earth

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by Reprise Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:34 pm

Nice. Thanks for the heads up. I fancy the Vita version of Saturday Morning RPG. Just set a reminder on my phone for the 28th January.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
User avatar
Omerta
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:08 am
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by Omerta Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:59 pm

Three more days until Saturday Morning RPG is up for sale.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by ElkinFencer10 Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:05 pm

Hell yeah, this is great! These will definitely be awesome to have in the collection years from now.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
MrEco
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by MrEco Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 am

I heard about these just earlier today. Great news. Unfortunately the games they've done so far don't look like my cup o' tea. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the future though, it's disappointing how many Vita games are digital only.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:50 am

MrEco wrote:I heard about these just earlier today. Great news. Unfortunately the games they've done so far don't look like my cup o' tea. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the future though, it's disappointing how many Vita games are digital only.

I'm buying them all whether they're my cup of tea or not. Collector problems, yo.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
MrEco
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by MrEco Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:20 am

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
MrEco wrote:I heard about these just earlier today. Great news. Unfortunately the games they've done so far don't look like my cup o' tea. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on them in the future though, it's disappointing how many Vita games are digital only.

I'm buying them all whether they're my cup of tea or not. Collector problems, yo.

Hey, more power to you man. I'm glad collectors like you exist. As long as you're around then developers will always have some monetary reason to make physical games.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
User avatar
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 10926
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:26 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by prfsnl_gmr Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:26 am

That's awesome. Does anyone know if they have any plans to make physical prints of games for other systems? (I would love physical copies of some of my favorite Wii U and 3DS eShop games...)
User avatar
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7591
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Henderson, North Carolina

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:30 pm

prfsnl_gmr wrote:That's awesome. Does anyone know if they have any plans to make physical prints of games for other systems? (I would love physical copies of some of my favorite Wii U and 3DS eShop games...)

As far as I know, they're only doing PS Vita and PS4 games, but if the site takes off, then I'm sure they'll expand. I, personally, would love to see some of the great Wii U digital games on disc (Freedom Planet, Gunman Clive HD, and the Mighty Switch Force games immediately come to mind).

My ultimate wishlist is for the Wii U's ultimate triad of masterpieces to come to disc - Meme Run, Biggley's Revenge, and The Letter.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Image
User avatar
touchofkiel
32-bit
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:04 am
Location: Japan

Re: PSA: Small batches of physical copies of digital-only ga

by touchofkiel Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:35 am

This is a little unrelated, but... Seeing how the Vita is region free, I thought I'd recommend a couple of digital games that saw physical copies exclusive in Japan...

Umihara Kawase +
DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours
Dokuro
Hotline Miami

Also "normal" editions of the Senran Kagura stuff.
I review (mostly old) games at: The Annals of Retrodom.
Return to Sony and Microsoft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests