Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Best PS3 Games to Import

by Cronozilla Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:47 am

There's no out of touch definition of expensive here, it's just been a long time since I looked for it.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

by Exhuminator Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Here's my holy grail:

I would absolutely love a copy of this. Notice that it's the rare Asian version that also includes Engrish. I haven't been able to find a copy of this online for less than $100 anywhere yet. I might just buckle and get it for myself for Christmas. (I mean, a $100 is still cheaper than an actual scuba diving trip.)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
8bit
Next-Gen

by 8bit Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Exhuminator wrote:Here's my holy grail:

I would absolutely love a copy of this. Notice that it's the rare Asian version that also includes Engrish. I haven't been able to find a copy of this online for less than $100 anywhere yet. I might just buckle and get it for myself for Christmas. (I mean, a $100 is still cheaper than an actual scuba diving trip.)

I actually gave away a Japanese copy of the game a while back in a mystery box. Wasn't the more rare Chinese with English version but the buyer was still very excited to get a chance to play it. :)
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
the7k
Next-Gen

by the7k Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:18 pm

The only import games I have for the PS3 currently are Sengoku Basara 3: Utage and EX Troopers. EX Troopers was fun while it lasted, but I eventually hit a language barrier and didn't know what to do. Utage, on the other hand, is just pure hacky hacky slashy slashy and I spent more than 100 hours playing it.
fahlim003
8-bit

by fahlim003 Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:09 pm

A bit absurd there are multiple Asian releases, one with and one without English. Its similar to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle (BLAS-50701 vs BLAS-50621) in that regard. That version of AH-PS3 is definitely a scarce hens tooth alright. I'll keep an eye out to find one.
kidfresh
24-bit

by kidfresh Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:36 pm

Fun little gem:

Boku no Natsuyasumi, or "My Summer Vacation."

Video relevant. https://youtu.be/VMvLJvLxBOg

Edit: Misspelled the title.
the7k
Next-Gen

by the7k Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:00 pm

I still need to get "TORO! Let's Party!"

I mean, it's just a collection of dumb mini-games, but I love those damn Sony cats.
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:26 pm

I own the Korean / English version
Attachments
ah.jpg
ah.jpg (68.44 KiB) Viewed 1977 times
s8n
128-bit

by s8n Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:25 am

i dont think this got a US release but ' Nurarihyon no Mago Hyakki Ryouran Taisen '

if you like Super Smash Bros and Powerstone you will like this..............

chuckster
32-bit

by chuckster Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:32 pm

8bit wrote:I've been discovering quite a few of the great PS3 import games available on Amazon. Most titles that seem ideal to import are the Capcom games but I wanted to see if there was more that I should be considering. I'd like to focus on either games that either have English as an option or that will still be playable and enjoyable without knowing Japanese. \

Here are a few of the games I know I'd like to get already...

Is this any different than the new Strider on PC? I liked it quite a bit!

There are tons of great Gundam games on import for PS3, probably over 20 in all. Some were put out in the US, but most didn't make it.
Return to Sony and Microsoft