Looking at a 360 - what games are worth getting?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Looking at a 360 - what games are worth getting?

Post by Nemoide »

noiseredux wrote:
Fragems wrote:There is also Otomedius Excellent, but it's pervy as hell. The gameplay is pretty fun though albeit a little grindy since your weapons level and you randomly unlock new powers/shot patterns by playing the game over and over.

honestly of all the 360 shmups, I think OE is the worst. The box set is nice, the soundtrack is great. But so many better shmups especially with region free imports in the mix.

Yeah, I had high hopes for Otomedius and was pretty let down. I love Konami shooters and pervy anime characters, but it's just... bland. The character designs/concepts are fun but not great and the gameplay is BORING. It's no Parodius!

Also, as far as imports go, I only have one but I'd recommend it highly if you feel like spending the money: Eschatos. It's a great space-shooter with a soundtrack that just makes me think of THE BEST SEGA GENESIS MUSIC. It also has two Wonderswan games by the same developer (Judgement Silversword and Cardinal Sins) which are kind of interesting but not as good as the main game.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Here's some stuff I have downloaded that I'd recommend.

Bangai-O Missile Fury - Buy it.

Battle Block Theater - Fun 2D platformer somewhat similar to Super Meat Boy. Less blood and less hardcore.

Brothers - Puzzler with a unique control scheme. Use a joystick for each brother's movement simultaneously.

Charlie Murder - New age beat 'em up. Death metal / punk rock themed. Got it for free.

D&D Chronicles - Twin pack of two old arcade beat 'em ups.

Civilization Revolution - Turn based strategy. Shockingly easy to get into and super addictive. Kinda goofier and less gritty than other entries.

Dark Souls - One of my favorite games ever.

Dead Pixels - Indie game. River City Ransom zombie clone. Totally worth a buck.

Deadlight - Somewhat of a Metroidvania with a gritty zombie story. Very fun.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves - Buy it.

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams - Very fun platformer with a neat realm switching mechanic.

Guardian Heroes - Remake and HD upgrade of the Saturn Classic. Dirt cheap.

How To Survive - Quirky zombie dungeon crawler... without dungeons.

I am Alive - I would call this a "The Last of Us knockoff" except for the fact that it came first. Lower production quality but still really fun IMO.

Magic the Gathering (Multiple versions) - Lots of fun and challenges for those who know how to play the card game.

Mega Man 9, 10 - Buy 'em.

NiGHTs into Dreams - Ported the Saturn game with a HD remake bundled. Great game.

Radiant Silvergun - Buy it.

Scott Pilgrim VS The World - Awesome modern retro-themed beat 'em up. Bursting at the seams with purposely integrated NES nostalgia moments.

State of Decay + DLC - I just call this Grand Theft Zombie. I personally adore it. Others despise it.

The Maw - 3D platformer. You navigate cartoony alien planets with a pet that gets larger and gains more abilities to solve puzzles.

Gotham City Impostors - Call of Duty multiplayer set in the Batman Universe with weird gadgets. Surprisingly much better than I expected.
Last edited by Omerta on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

Agreed on Deathsmiles. Great game.
Anyone try bullet witch?
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

jmbarnes101 wrote:
Ghostbusters I would get on the Wii

I think that's an entirely different game, and not as good or so I've heard. Here's a taste of the 360 version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorNhaCr2JU

And here's some more 2d beat 'em up recommendations

Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Shank 2
Phantom Breaker battlegrounds
Golden Axe - There's a port of the original arcade version
Streets of Rage 2
Charlie Murder

I personally like the Dishwasher Samurai games a lot. They are like 2d versions of games like Team Ninja's Ninja Gaiden games or Devil May Cry

Also, don't forget the indie game section. There's some interesting titles there, like Fist Puncher (one of my faves) or Streets of Fury. Tempura of the Dead is REALLY good if you want a platformer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40CqbOYfcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nul-9Rs1WJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XteEOZQEDmk

And I'll throw in another mention for this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAjZWBtmqk

That game actually runs better on the 360 than on PS3

And I love this game:

Fun, wacky beat 'em up that feels almost like a lost Dreamcast game to me. It's Suda 51 meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer

If you want shooters more interesting than your typical Call of Duty/Gears/Halo crap, try The Darkness games. Oh, and you gotta play the Mass Effect games

And lastly, the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games feel a lot like a mix of arcade beat 'em up and gauntlet games
Last edited by Gamerforlife on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

This is some stuff off my shelf that I'd recommend.

Alan Wake - Survival horror. Excellent game for the genre.

Alice: Madness Returns - Creepy Alice in Wonderland 3D platformer. Mediocre in terms of gameplay.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts + Viva Pinata pack - Fairly decent family fun as everyone else has noted.

Batman Arkham Series - I wasn't expecting the first game to be good at all. I was proven wrong in a hurry.

Bioshock Series - Classics.

Dark Souls - Classic.

Dead Island GotY & Riptide - Supposed to be decent. Need to try them out before diving into Dying Light.

Dead Rising 1, 2, OTR - Classics. Cheesy B movie horror story. Never takes itself seriously. Insane amounts of zombie slaying and Capcom references. (Mega Man, Street Fighter, etc.)

Dreamcast Collection - Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, and something else all on one disc.

The King of Fighters XIII - Decent. Latest entry AFAIK so it'll stay on the shelf.

Fable III - Not spectacular, but the whole series is worth a good once-over and semi-family appropriate.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas GotYs - Not for everyone, but the story/branding and utter size/scope of these games resonated very well with me.

Konami Classics Vol. 1 - You get Symphony of the Night and a Contra game. What else do you need?

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 - Episodic zombie murdering FPS mayhem.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - Helped me make up my mind to get rid of the Genny collection.

Titanfall - Fun man/mech FPS game. This version's quite a bit watered down visually. I'd recommend waiting for an X1 before trying it.

Trials / Limbo / 'Splosion Man Triple Pack - Only played Limbo and it's a fun puzzle platformer.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - Loved it.

Qubed - Compilation pack with Rez, Every Extend Extra Extreme, and Lumines Live.

Every US and Region Free Shmup - I'm going with everyone else and saying that Deathsmiles is by far the best bang for your buck.
Last edited by Omerta on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I am on the same boat as you OP.

I got a 360 last year and I"ve been slowly buying games for it. But there's not much that interests me because I already bought it first on PS3.

And my console is hacked so no downloads for me. I have a stack of burned games but I still like buying them original if I can.

I do have some of the console exclusives already. But theres still a few more that I want but havent found yet. And I dont really want to resort to Amazon/ebay.

I want to find The First Naruto Game done by ubisoft(?) I have not seen it around my three local gamestops in years and back when it was still more common I didn't have a 360 yet.

Another one that is okay, but I'm not sure if its mentioned (did a quick glance but not every page in detail) is Samurai Shodown Sen.

It's an okay fighter, But I think its exclusive to the 360.

I should find bullet witch too.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

I did a three part series of Xbox 360 Hidden Gems that you might wanna check out. Lots of great games and most are pretty cheap!

http://www.metaljesusrocks.com/tag/xbox-360/
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

jmbarnes101 wrote:Ghostbusters I would get on the Wii.

The PS3/360/PC version of the game is completely different than the Wii/PS2 version.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ziggy587 wrote:
jmbarnes101 wrote:Ghostbusters I would get on the Wii.

The PS3/360/PC version of the game is completely different than the Wii/PS2 version.

The only real difference is the style of graphics. The PC/360/PS3 versions have more realistic graphics, the Wii/PS2 versions have cartoonish graphics. The plot of the game and what you do in it gameplay-wise doesn't change. I actually beat the Wii version with my fiance simply because it has splitscreen co-op, which the PC/360/PS3 versions lack. If you're playing the game solo I would recommend the PC/360/PS3 version as it has the best graphics.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Jim I can't wait to send you my 360. Your going to love it