Looking at a 360 - what games are worth getting?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: Looking at a 360 - what games are worth getting?

Post by dunpeal2064 »

I think Shooting Love 200X is region locked, but Shooting Love 10th Anniversary is not? Definitely check on that first. Fun stuff though, the Shmup Skills Test is great.

My top 3 games on the system, no contest, are:

Mushimesama Futari
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu (Ressurection, the EU port works on NA consoles and is cheap)
Ninja Gaiden 2

If those were the ONLY 3 games on the system that I wanted, I would still have it hooked up at all times. Not only my 3 favorite games on the console, but 3 of my favorite games of all time.

Edit: Apparently Shooting Love 200X received a GOD release in NA. Download only of course, but it is a measly $20, well worth it for that package.
Last edited by dunpeal2064 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

jmbarnes101 wrote:According to the Xbox Live website all of those games are currently available. I think I might have had Under Defeat for the Dreamcast once upon a time. I don't have the 360 yet but i like the idea of demos.

I didn't realize that DD Neon was by WayForward, that's on my list. Those ending credits might just be one of if not the best ever, hilarious.

The very fact that the main villain of the game views himself as a victim of the evil heroes is hilarious. It's like a high school nerd getting beating up by two jocks...except the jocks are the heroes of the story. Listen to the first 20 seconds of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBXnqnHxhSY
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

Oh I just remembered another neat downloadable title for 360: Game Room. It's a free download but you need to pay to buy games WITHIN it, which is a little weird. But you can get lots of neat emulated arcade games like Gyruss, TwinBee, Yie Ar Kung-Fu, and others for about $1/each. (There are also some Atari 2600 and Intellivision games but IMO those are of less interest.)

The selection of games hasn't been updated in years but it's still a neat way to play retro games. I like it since I have the Street Fighter IV arcade stick for 360 so I can use that for these games.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I remember the Game Room. I have it but I did not put any money into it.

I also remember the flack that got when it was released. It was actually dumb but it made a couple of my achievement whore friends really angry. You get an achievement as soon as you boot it up the first time. If you don't invest time and money into it, it will sit there as incomplete forever.
Ogreatgames
8-bit

Post by Ogreatgames »

Did you try Fable 2?
http://www.ogreatgames.com Hey checkout Ogreatgames for great video games and much more!