I'm a Playstation Plus member...Now what?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
flojocabron
Next-Gen

I'm a Playstation Plus member...Now what?

Post by flojocabron »

I need some general tips and stuff now that I impulse bought a $50 years long card.

I dont have a PS4, just the PS3 and the Vita.

I put the card in the "redeem codes" section and thats it?

No bells and whistles right off the bat?

Where do you guys and gals go to find out where the goodies are on the playstation store?

Also, how does a noob like me cloud save?

I need to do this because I'm getting a harddrive upgrade courtesy of a good friend of mine. I'm getting a 500gb inside my old 120gb PS3. I want to save my saves!

I'm going to need the extra space right?

Just point me in the right directions and give me some tips, if you kindly....
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
darsparx
Next-Gen

Re: I'm a Playstation Plus member...Now what?

Post by darsparx »

Well if you go to store.playstation.net and sign in with your account there's a lot of goodies you can go ahead and grab. Heck you could go ahead and grab this month's freebies and add to your account(even ps4 stuff and just download them later if you ever get one) and in a few days grab next months, heck there's even some sales on the site that ps+ members get(which is why I've kept that thing renewed sales + freebies make it all worth it...). That membership pays for itself within a month or two with what they give people for free and what you save on other stuff with it
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

I think if you go to the individual save it is under the options to upload to cloud? It is somewhere in there. Also any new game will prompt you. Use the sale to save a ton as said above.

Always at least get the free games if even if you do not download them. You may want them later. The free games are hit and miss, some months they are great and others they suck. Personally, I think you picked a bad month to start a membership LOL.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

The only bad thing about me grabbing this month's games as it is now I have two versions of Guacamele(thanks alot nindie bundle!)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Thanks for the replies

I thought nothing happened. But when I logged off and got back on again. It then showed me I was a plus member. So thats good.

I got to save my games up into the "cloud" well, almost all of them. I couldn't save bayonetta and Tekken tag tournament 2. They were grayed out :(

I downloaded chase the sun for vita.

it was nice.

Like i posted earlier, I'm going to take my ps3 to my friend. Once the new hard drive is in it. I'm going to download more stuff.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

flojocabron wrote:Thanks for the replies

I thought nothing happened. But when I logged off and got back on again. It then showed me I was a plus member. So thats good.

I got to save my games up into the "cloud" well, almost all of them. I couldn't save bayonetta and Tekken tag tournament 2. They were grayed out :(

I downloaded chase the sun for vita.

it was nice.

Like i posted earlier, I'm going to take my ps3 to my friend. Once the new hard drive is in it. I'm going to download more stuff.

Log into the web site and activate ALL of the free games for May as today is the last day I think. As long as they are activated you will have them as a member. If you do not activate them you will not get them after the month ends. This is especially important with the PS4 games since you do not own a PS4 now to activate them on, yo ucan still do it on the website. This way if and when you get one and are a member you will have all those games available for free!!!
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Keep an eye out at the top of the month, sony loving sites including their own ps site will list what is new for free that month for all 3 of their systems. As long as you maintain the yearly 50 dollar fee, they're 'free' to play and if you don't they're locked out, but if you buy something cheap with the plus discount it stays yours.
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

The moment you have two PS systems is the moment you should consider getting the PS+.
And you do need 500GB pretty much if you are going to DL the free games of every month for one whole year.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

skyknight wrote:The moment you have two PS systems is the moment you should consider getting the PS+.
And you do need 500GB pretty much if you are going to DL the free games of every month for one whole year.

Its not a 500gb! It was a 1TB! My ps3 has space and then some!

I could have sworn he told me it was that. But no worries. A terrabyte is awesome!

No more deleting demos and installs for me!

We had a little bit of a tough time putting in the update once we put in the new hard drive, but we figured it out.

Now I'm going to see what other goodies I can download into my hard drive.