ATTN: ANYONE WITH A LOCKED XBOX HARD DRIVE

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

ATTN: ANYONE WITH A LOCKED XBOX HARD DRIVE

Post by Wanderer - Vega »

Sorry for the caps, but I felt it necessary. There is a program out that unlocks X-Box hard drives, and you don't need the hard drive key. The program is beta and they are giving away free keys(which you would normally need to purchase) TODAY only.. and the keys work TODAY only.

http://hddunlock.com/download/
Is the site. Download the app and put in the keys. You get the keys for free from the "Purchase" part of the site. You can use multiple e-mails to get multiple keys. Don't bother getting ones for later, because again ..the keys will only work today.

This is a groundbreaking moment in the X-Box scene. My brother has had locked hard drives given to him to friends stored away in a closet since the year the X-Box launched because there was previously no way to unlock them without the key(the unique key is assigned based on a number of factors -- the HD, the X-Box mobo, serial #'s, etc). I hope anyone here with a locked hard drive sees this thread in time, as I don't know when -- if ever, this program will be cracked.
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

Worked like a charm..hopefully if anyone here has or knows anyone with a broken X-Box or paperweight X-Box hard drive from a botched softmod attempt they'll see this topic in time.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

Ummm... or you could just have someone who does have there XBOX modded, pop the bitch in there on the DVD-Roms IDE cable and use Evo-X or any other dashboard to unlock the damn thing....
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Wanderer - Vega
16-bit

then you need to find someone that has a modded X-Box..

and don't you need the HD key to do that? I was under the impression the only other way to do it other than this was by hotswapping, which doesn't sound very fun to me.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

no... you just click the option to unlock the hard drive. Works pretty easy. Hard Drive locking isn't a XBOX thing. It is an IDE Hard Drive option built into the IDE controller of the harddrive. That is why when you buy a hard drive for an XBOX to upgrade it you have to make sure that it is ATA lockable. Though the implementation of ATA lockable is really unused by most people and why it isn't something listed on the hard drive.

Basically ATA locking is a security that allows you to protect the hard drive from people looking at the information at it. Microsoft implemented it's use so that you couldn't yank the drive out, hook it to a PC and just view all the system files and hack the hardware...

The thing is, ATA locking is rather easy to get around if you have the knowledge. That software probably is some cheap code written by some hackers thinking they found something cool, or worse trying to infect your system. The password is pretty general for XBOXs as creating random passwords requires to much work and money and isn't a cost effective so all versions tend to have the same password or "key".
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers