PS1 Controller Love?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: PS1 Controller Love?

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

SonicGamer74 wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:If I owned two of them, I'd put one in each hand, and then playing fighting games against myself.

Best thing I've read all day. :lol:

Agreed. :lol:
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I'm a fan of the dual analog controller (not dualshock). Only have found one once though.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Exhuminator wrote:I have used the same one since 2001 for emulation purposes and it still works perfectly. I keep a brand new spare in my gaming closet just in case it ever does break though.

I've done this with a PS2 controller for probably just as long now myself.

I grew up knowing some people that had the Playstation early on, so I definitely remember the non-joystick versions. I've actually been wanting to track one down again sometime soon just to check it out again. I bet it's insanely comfortable.

My favorite controllers:
- SNES
- PSX/Dualshock
- Wii U Pro
- PS4

In the end, I'd take any of those over the SNES controller actually, but I still like giving the SNES credit because its controller is the perfect blueprint. From there, it's just been improvements. The grips on the others make it even more comfortable.

I do think I feel a little cramped after long PS4 sessions though. Not with the Dualshock or Wii U Pro though.

Xbone's controller is great too, the 360's was good but they did make some nice improvements. One thing this gen got right across the board, everyone has a great controller.