Anyone here into Elder Scrolls: Morrowind?

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Ack

Re: Anyone here into Elder Scrolls: Morrowind?

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:Nothing from Bethesda is on GOG.

There is supposedly bad blood between them.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

In terms of Morrowind mods I can't honestly remember any that I ever installed. I know I installed a bunch but they tended to be graphical mods that made characters and clothing/armor look better. Oblivion was where I installed the large game changing ones like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

There are tons of huge upscaling mods that beef up the graphics and visuals to a decent degree. There is another great mod that I encourage people to play and support which is, Tamriel Rebuilt, which is a large scale mod building the rest of Morrowind. It is really interesting and a lot has been accomplished and is still being worked on to this day.

As for Redguard, yes it is difficult to get running. You essentially have to emulate windows 95 and even then, good luck. The game itself was released with an enormous number of bugs and glitches. Fun game still.

Also recommend Battlespire, which is a more standard dungeon crawler with Daggerfall combat system. What makes it fun is that you can lan co-op and deathmatches.

Now to get people together to do it! You know that if we ever have a big get together somewhere in the country that we HAVE to do this!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrPopo wrote:In terms of Morrowind mods I can't honestly remember any that I ever installed. I know I installed a bunch but they tended to be graphical mods that made characters and clothing/armor look better. Oblivion was where I installed the large game changing ones like Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.

Giants mod, dude.

Also, I liked giving Argonians permanent water breathing, but that's just me.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Ack wrote:

Also, I liked giving Argonians permanent water breathing, but that's just me.

Absolutely! That is why I played Argonians so that they could explore those underwater areas freely. Loved that.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Ack wrote:

Because the Poles are making better RPGs? :lol:
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Ack wrote:

From what I've heard Bethesda wasn't very happy that GOG gave away Fallout for free that one time, right before the license was switched over to being owned by Bethesda.

Even if that hadn't happened however, I don't believe Bethesda would have or ever will bring their games to GOG. Bethesda has been latched onto DRM for a long time and shows no signs of giving it up, and that's something GOG won't allow.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
Ack

Post by Ack »

MrEco wrote:
Ack wrote:

From what I've heard Bethesda wasn't very happy that GOG gave away Fallout for free that one time, right before the license was switched over to being owned by Bethesda.

Even if that hadn't happened however, I don't believe Bethesda would have or ever will bring their games to GOG. Bethesda has been latched onto DRM for a long time and shows no signs of giving it up, and that's something GOG won't allow.

That's part of it. From what I've read, basically Interplay knew it was losing the rights to Fallout and gave both Valve and GOG the chance to give away the games for free. Valve already had a business relationship with Bethesda, and when they asked Bethesda's permission, they were told no. GOG did not have a relationship with Bethesda and went ahead and gave the games away for free.

But you're right about the DRM situation. That's the main reason why Bethesda had never worked with GOG previous to the whole free Fallout fiasco. So it is unlikely that Bethesda would have ever chosen to work with GOG regardless of what happened with Interplay.
KayJay
24-bit

Post by KayJay »

Lol, i totally forgot about this post! anyways, i figured i'd do an update.

I have gotten far, and am loving the game. I took over Caius Coscades as the leader of the blades in Morrowind, and i have a partial suit of Glass (Curass, Grieves, & Boots), I've finally started to enjoy the combat, now that i'm a high enough level to fight. I'm starting to get the ropes on the environment, and am strong enough to not feel like a total pushover. my Acrobatics are 100, my Light Armor is 80-something, and my Short sword is 92, which is perfect for my class (theif)

If you guys have any questions about the Playthrough, feel free to ask. :)
Currently Playing: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd (PS3)